Home utility suppliers

Found 27th Jul
howdo you lively lot,
I'm planning on switching gas and leccy supplier (duel fuel).
looked on go switch etc and there is loads of firms I've never heard of. Is there any (other than the big boys) companies I should avoid?
Or can you recommend any particular?

Ta
Community Updates
Ask
7 Comments
Low user? Zero standing charges can outweigh slighly higher base fuel costs => Ebico ebico.org.uk/ene…ro/
AndyRoyd7 m ago

Low user? Zero standing charges can outweigh slighly higher base fuel …Low user? Zero standing charges can outweigh slighly higher base fuel costs => Ebico https://ebico.org.uk/energy-plans/ebico-zero/

Oh yeah sorry I'm meaning good or bad customer service or dishonest rip off merchants (prob all of the latter lol)
Edited by: "BFCsider" 27th Jul
Have a look on moneysavingexpert joun their energy club and you can see all the feedback you need.

Most people wouldnt have an issue, you will hardly need to call them and you are protected anyway.
Don't try to work it out yourself . Too many variables (standing charge ,day rate , night rate , different regions etc ) . Get your last bill and go on U Switch or MSE energy saving site (preferably both ). Insert your usage and check the results .

One more thing always check Quidco/TCB they often have quite chunky cashback for new users (ie switchers ) which can sway your result . Got £120 from NPower last year , £80 from Engie this year - always do your sums after comparing .
BFCsider1 h, 47 m ago

Oh yeah sorry I'm meaning good or bad customer service or dishonest rip …Oh yeah sorry I'm meaning good or bad customer service or dishonest rip off merchants (prob all of the latter lol)

Go through TCB or Quidco after you have done your comparisons . No dodgy doorstep sellers there , and if your (not so well known ) provider you opt for goes bust - as IRESA has just done . Your supply and any credit built up is protected by OFGEM , the power regulator .
Edited by: "rogparki" 27th Jul
Ovo was good but I'm now with outfox the market. The switch takes 2+ months before you get a first bill even though they are supplying you so don't get upset with customer service. Wait
Edited by: "wayners" 27th Jul
I split mine this year and went for ebico for electric and a two year fix with better energy for gas, been very happy with both so far
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions