Homebase Glich?

Banned
Not sure whether this was a one-off (or where to post this item), but I returned 3 wall-lights to Homebase today. They were originally on a 3-for-2 offer but I had lost the receipt. The helpful lady on the Customer Services counter said I could exchange the lights for something of the same (full price) value.
So basically, I originally bought three £15 lights (for £30), took them back and was allowed to spend £45 on other stuff. Not completely honest I know but I needed the extra £15 more than they did.
Who says you should always keep your receipt?!?

2 Comments

ha ha nice one:thumbsup:

I bought a small gas patio heater reduced to £50 from B&Q in the summer and asked them to hang on to it for half an hour so my partner could come collect it. When he went in and asked for it - the girl went and wheeled out the massive full size one lol and he said nothing:w00t:

Then he took it back to another branch got a credit voucher for £179.99 - THEN went and bought the small one again making a profit of £129.99 in two hours :-D
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767360
    2. love affairs2059
    3. Xbox One - Buying from Other Regions *WITH* A VPN (Virtual Private Network)61480
    4. So Brexit isn't going how a lot of Brexiters thought it would2150

See more discussions