Homebase Laminae flooring brand

Found 30th Nov 2017
Got my eye on some laminate in Homebase as have a 15% off voucher..

homebase.co.uk/lam…963

seems cheap for 12mm with aquastop...

any experience of this brand? looked at wickes but their laminate gets bad reviews for creaking and popping
Community Updates
Ask
5 Comments
I've never laid a home base floor but I have laid plenty of laminate and wooden flooring. From experience, the better the underlay, the less the chance of creaking. The one at my last house sounded terrible because we just put down standard stuff. Put the thick stuff down in this house and even though the planks are the same size, it doesn't creak at all.
psychobitchfromhell55 m ago

I've never laid a home base floor but I have laid plenty of laminate and …I've never laid a home base floor but I have laid plenty of laminate and wooden flooring. From experience, the better the underlay, the less the chance of creaking. The one at my last house sounded terrible because we just put down standard stuff. Put the thick stuff down in this house and even though the planks are the same size, it doesn't creak at all.

Can't fault the psycho for her advice.

I laid some cheapo laminate last year (next time I will save a little more and buy thicker/quality product but I had to go with what I could afford at the time)
But I didn't go for the cheap underlay (because of the area we live we suffer a lot of condensation/damp - near to large water course) I got waterproof membrane and a reasonably thick underlay. Feels real comfy under foot.

I do need to tinker with it in the summer though - the close fitting near a wall has turned out to be too close and since the home has cooled down (shrunk) it's pushing up the laminate in that area.
philphil6145 m ago

Can't fault the psycho for her advice.I laid some cheapo laminate last …Can't fault the psycho for her advice.I laid some cheapo laminate last year (next time I will save a little more and buy thicker/quality product but I had to go with what I could afford at the time)But I didn't go for the cheap underlay (because of the area we live we suffer a lot of condensation/damp - near to large water course) I got waterproof membrane and a reasonably thick underlay. Feels real comfy under foot.I do need to tinker with it in the summer though - the close fitting near a wall has turned out to be too close and since the home has cooled down (shrunk) it's pushing up the laminate in that area.

Can't remember which I use but it is £20 for 10 metres in b&q. You can get it for about £16 in b&m. Yes it will cost you an extra few quid for something you can't even see but it is absolutely worth the money.
I bought sonic gold 5mm foam and foil underlay with damp proof membrane
@ses6jwg I'm looking at the same flooring now, was it any good?
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants