Groups
    EXPIRED

homebrew on wii

Hey guys does anybody know how to get homebrew channel working on the wii. Ive been trying the letterbomb method but its not showing up in the messaged on the wii. Getting frustrated lol ta in advance

20 Comments

Can't you still use the photo exploit ?

Are you talking about the Wii or Wii u as they're different consoles

Original Poster

Original wii mate the old one

123batman321

Hey guys does anybody know how to get homebrew channel working on … Hey guys does anybody know how to get homebrew channel working on the wii. Ive been trying the letterbomb method but its not showing up in the messaged on the wii. Getting frustrated lol ta in advance

The letterbomb method only works on Wii system update (4.3), you may have to update your console if that's not the version you are on.

Just search back a few days the letterbomb message will be there

Assuming it's an old Wii console, the one with the Gamecube ports, use ModMii. It's a program that asks you basic questions about your console, Firmware version, region, Mac Address etc. It then downloads all the necessary files to transfer to your SD card, and generates a guide based on the answers you gave.

Make sure your Wii is

a. 4.3 system update if not.

b. set to today's date.

c. your using the correct mac code when generating the letterbomb i.e not using O instead of 0

Original Poster

Thanks guys will have another go. Im wondering if the letterbomb has unzipped properly as when i try to unzip it it appears to be unzipped already and offers only option to compress

Following this thread and the new one you posted.. about to do the same to my Wii. Just need to find an old SD card.. only have SDHC around the house and I heard they won't work.

Madferrit

Following this thread and the new one you posted.. about to do the same … Following this thread and the new one you posted.. about to do the same to my Wii. Just need to find an old SD card.. only have SDHC around the house and I heard they won't work.

SDHC work fine as long as your Wii is on v4 or above.

dcx_badass

SDHC work fine as long as your Wii is on v4 or above.

Thanks.. going to try it all tonight. Following the info in this thread and the other thread as well.

Original Poster

Madferrit

Thanks.. going to try it all tonight. Following the info in this thread … Thanks.. going to try it all tonight. Following the info in this thread and the other thread as well.

Any luck mate? Ive got homebrew channel just cant get anything on it lol

123batman321

Any luck mate? Ive got homebrew channel just cant get anything on it lol

I'm gonna tackle it tonight.. i'll keep you posted if I succeed.
    Edited by: "Madferrit" 31st Aug 2016

Original Poster

Madferrit

I'm gonna tackle it tonight.. i'll keep you posted if I succeed.

Im up and runnin with nes and snes lol

Got homebrew installed, just moving onto the next step with other apps now.

Also worked a treat with an SDHC card.. even though everywhere I've read says I need an SD card to make it work.

Original Poster

Madferrit

Got homebrew installed, just moving onto the next step with other apps … Got homebrew installed, just moving onto the next step with other apps now.Also worked a treat with an SDHC card.. even though everywhere I've read says I need an SD card to make it work.

Let me know if you manage amiga mate. Mine keeps crashing before it loads up with uae emulator

123batman321

Let me know if you manage amiga mate. Mine keeps crashing before it loads … Let me know if you manage amiga mate. Mine keeps crashing before it loads up with uae emulator

I didn't put any emulator on yet, but managed to get some wii backups working last night, finally. Took a while as I was using a mac and didn't have a windows PC around.

Original Poster

Madferrit

I didn't put any emulator on yet, but managed to get some wii backups … I didn't put any emulator on yet, but managed to get some wii backups working last night, finally. Took a while as I was using a mac and didn't have a windows PC around.

Yeah im also using a mac. The snes one working perfectly so good for a few thousand games pretty cool for kids. Fancy getting amiga on it to relive my childhood lol but not managed it yet managed to get it on the sdhc but fails to load

123batman321

Let me know if you manage amiga mate. Mine keeps crashing before it loads … Let me know if you manage amiga mate. Mine keeps crashing before it loads up with uae emulator

I've tried this a few weeks ago wasn't working after fiddling I had a headache and gave up , I now want to attempt it again ...some time today so will need proper instructions pls ...
    It already downloaded the letter bomb file and got it on my SDhc memory card , and it's a zipped file and my wii is a 4.3e version

Sorry the above wasn't suppose to be a reply just need help with getting homebrew on my wii got the letter bomb file on my Sdhc card and got a 4.3e wii
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Magazine competitions - Issue 39 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk55
      2. Win 1 of 3 x £1000 Selfridges vouchers with Virgin Trains109
      3. Win a Free minion usb stick1010
      4. totalev.com comp - win an electric car2121

See more discussions