Found 30th Aug 2016
Hi guys firstly thanks to everyone who helped me mod the wii to get homebrew channel im finally up and running with that. Having problems getting emulators on now have tried with sd card but not showing up on channel. Any ideas? Im using a mac if that makes any difference

1. Ask
  2. Wii
Groups
  1. Ask
  2. Wii
22 Comments

Tried opening the home brew channel?

Original Poster

Pacman786

Tried opening the home brew channel?

Ive opened it mate channel works i just cant get any emulators onto it

You need to download some emulators and put them on the apps folder of your SD card. I don't know if any Wii emulators.

It will probably be easier to install the homebrew browser and get the emulators from that

wiibrew.org/wik…ser

Original Poster

regretful1

It will probably be easier to install the homebrew browser and get the … It will probably be easier to install the homebrew browser and get the emulators from thathttp://wiibrew.org/wiki/Homebrew_Browser

Hi mate. Ive managed to install homebrew channel but cant seemto get anything onto it. I tried homebrew installer but it doesnt show up in channel either. Probably something simple im missing lol

123batman321

Hi mate. Ive managed to install homebrew channel but cant seemto get … Hi mate. Ive managed to install homebrew channel but cant seemto get anything onto it. I tried homebrew installer but it doesnt show up in channel either. Probably something simple im missing lol

​Format the sd to fat 32, or try another sd card.

Original Poster

Actually Ill try that link you gave me it looks different as when I searched for that there were options your link downloads it automatically Do I just put that whole folder in the root of my sd or just certain files?

Pacman786

​Make sure you have an app folder, the main app goes in there, otherwise it won't read it in home brew channel. I've tried snex9x and an unknown genesis emulator. Both work in a fat 32 formatted micro sd, 16gb using a micro sd to sd card reader.

Original Poster

Pacman786

I may also be screwing up the part where it says create the /apps directory on your sd. Im not too sure what a directory is lol

123batman321

I may also be screwing up the part where it says create the /apps … I may also be screwing up the part where it says create the /apps directory on your sd. Im not too sure what a directory is lol

​It's simple really, create a folder and name it apps. Put all emulators into that folder. Not into the root of the sd.

Original Poster

Ah perfect i shall try that thanks mate il let you know how i get on later

123batman321

Ah perfect i shall try that thanks mate il let you know how i get on … Ah perfect i shall try that thanks mate il let you know how i get on later

​Cool, if you have a micro sd card, insert it into an android device and compile the files that way, wii uses the same file format. If you're using an sd card use a pc.

Original Poster

Using sd card with a macbook. Think its easier with a windows pc but dont hve access to one unfortunately

Original Poster

Pacman786

​Cool, if you have a micro sd card, insert it into an android device and c … ​Cool, if you have a micro sd card, insert it into an android device and compile the files that way, wii uses the same file format. If you're using an sd card use a pc.

Hey mate managed to get homebrew browser in now when i click on it it tries to initialize and i get read error 81 lol

123batman321

Hey mate managed to get homebrew browser in now when i click on it it … Hey mate managed to get homebrew browser in now when i click on it it tries to initialize and i get read error 81 lol

​Try this :
In /apps/homebrew_browser, just edit settings.xml with notepad and change "settings_server" from 0 to 1.

Original Poster

Ive so far got snes and nes emulators running now so im alot further ahead than i was. Gamecube not workin so going to try n64 now lol. Thanks for all your help mate think it was having the original stuff from booting the homebrew channel stil on my sd that was stopping it working

123batman321

Ive so far got snes and nes emulators running now so im alot further … Ive so far got snes and nes emulators running now so im alot further ahead than i was. Gamecube not workin so going to try n64 now lol. Thanks for all your help mate think it was having the original stuff from booting the homebrew channel stil on my sd that was stopping it working

Which emulators are you using? I recently soft missed my Wii and am hoping to play some old games!

Original Poster

Rid1

Which emulators are you using? I recently soft missed my Wii and am … Which emulators are you using? I recently soft missed my Wii and am hoping to play some old games!

Cant remember exact names but nes is something like fcegux il look on sd later today and let u know mate

Snes9x or gendroid. Amongst many others, whichever you prefer. Google is your answer.
Edited by: "Pacman786" 1st Sep 2016

Rid1

Which emulators are you using? I recently soft missed my Wii and am … Which emulators are you using? I recently soft missed my Wii and am hoping to play some old games!

wiibrew.org/wik…ors

I watched a 5 minute youtube video and did it all myself. It's so easy!

Original Poster

Pacman786

​ http://wiibrew.org/wiki/List_of_homebrew_emulators

Snes ones working well unfortunately uae for amiga shows up on channel but fails to late wil hve t find a workaround lol
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. What's you favourite 60s 70s 80s song ?993251
    2. word association Game74244916
    3. Add one, leave one game54415442
    4. The never ending counting with pictures thread !4604813

See more discussions