Home/Contents insurance

Hi all,
Please suggest me a good home or contents insurance around. I bought
a new flat recently, the building has its insurance but i heard we have to have an insurance for the contents as well(i am very new with these)

if you are aware of any please let me know, the better and the cheaper obviously .

Kind regards


Do the comparison sites and then look on martin lewis website to see if you can redeem any cashback on some of the companies.


try all the comparison sites, also check out the cashback sites for cashback

how i do it

use all the comparisons sites and put cover from today, use a different email address to your cashback site email adress, after finding the best i then wait a day or two, clear all cookies and go through quidco or topcashback and put in the right date for cover to start

remember cashback isnt guarentted so try not to make this the swinging factor


Sometimes you get the contents ins at a reduced rate if you go through the same company that does your buildings. : )

I did mine through LloydsTSB, just over £180 for both for a 3 bed semi which isn't too bad really. Also got £50 cashback from LloydsTSB themselves even though I bought it on the phone, mentioned that I could do it online for less and they matched it.

Original Poster

Many thanks for all of your replies . atleast i hve got an idea now how to do it.

Kind regards

I must have saved myself a few quid over the years,i've not had any contents insurance for 10 years.
Post a comment
    Top Discussions
    1. Sky or Virgin?1418
    2. Tenant rights for failing agreement to replace carpets1015
    3. Which Smart Watch for Running?24
    4. O2 data roaming in France44

    See more discussions