Groups

HOMELESSNESS IN SCOTLAND

hello I'm in a homeless accommodation in scotland. it's a 2 bedroom and I'm just myself. Am I allowed someone to move in and help with costs? and to keep me company? I don't keep well. I'd like someone as a joint Tennant? if so are they rehomed with you? where's best to start?

thanks in advance

15 Comments

Original Poster

to take on a lodger or flat mate is this allowed? what happens with rent etc?

Your best call would be to Citizens Advice in Scotland. There could be some adverse impact on your benefits so an adviser could talk you through the pros and cons and how to go about it.

You can find the most local office to you from their web page.
    citizensadvice.org.uk/sco…nd/

Take advice as suggested as you don't want to do anything that jeopardises your situation.
    Do you have someone who can move in with you whom you trust?.

Start with the people who run the homeless accommodation you are in.

Original Poster

thanks guys ye there's someone I trust

they have wi-fi in homeless shelters? damn, i might join you

Sorry to hear your in a homeless shelter...
    This is genuinely not a dig, but what's happened as you were buying designer t-shirts and getting SKY installed...etc..
    hotukdeals.com/dea…870

Hope it all works out for you....

anthony212

they have wi-fi in homeless shelters? damn, i might join you

For the grace of God...go thy.

Original Poster

I'm still no home of my own.

Original Poster

Demonmeister

Sorry to hear your in a homeless shelter...This is genuinely not a dig, … Sorry to hear your in a homeless shelter...This is genuinely not a dig, but what's happened as you were buying designer t-shirts and getting SKY installed...etc..http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/make-a-profit-from-sky-tv-free-tv-worth-230-00-have-receipt-2515870Hope it all works out for you....

​everyone chips in

Original Poster

lindus

​everyone chips in

​we don't all sit in gutters wi bottles o cider

Surely if your health is bad you should look into having a carer/contact social services? Not sure how it all works but as mentioned earlier CAB will put you on the right track. Maybe get in touch with Shelter to see if they can help you re more permanent accomodation Good luck to you

Original Poster

thanks xx

am in a huuuuge rut but I'm not cryin jus always tryin to better maself obviously x

SAMH (Scottish Association For Mental Health) will help you with advice and care, re your health issues (I think you've touched upon mental health problems in past threads - apologies if I've misunderstood). samh.org.uk/abo…hts

Find out about your rights
    Call the Mental Health Commission’s user and carer line on 0800 389 6809.

Original Poster

thanks so much I rely appreciate your concern THANK YOU YOU ARE A KIND PERSON X
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. GIVEAWAY - Clear out of duplicate CD Keys from Humble Bundle I have yet to …33
      2. *** Weekly game codes giveaway 188 ***1832
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767463
      4. One thing you've forgotten56

See more discussions