Homemade Toffee Vodka + Other vodka idea's

Found 22nd Dec 2011
Just thought i would share my recipe for an easy to make toffee/chocolate vodka, no need for any exact measurements as after you make it once you will know if you want it more toffee'ish/chocolatey or stronger vodka!
Buy a cheap Half bottle of vodka, put it in a bigger bottle.
Add a packet of werther's original OR werther's chocolate covered ones (any of the hard candy ones work best)
Leave to desolve, or help it along by worming and shaking (TIP- put it through a dishwasher cycle)
Chill and serve!
This makes a Yummy thick toffee vodka that is much stronger then it seems!
I know its a bit close to Chrismas but if you crush the sweets up warm & shake it lots you can get it all desolved quicker.

I hope someone gives this a go!
Community Updates
25 Comments
Wow sounds great I will try it thank you
Mmmmmmmmmmm
I've made this for hampers and can definitely confirm it is delicious! Also made christmas pudding vodka, bit late to make that one now. Wanted to do cola cubes but never got round to it.
Made this last year but never drank it, wonder if it can still be consumed...
Pear drop vodka is another.
Skittles vodka is best, split a couple of large bags of skittles into colour groups then split a large bottle of vodka between smaller glass bottles (one for each colour) and add one lot of colour skittles to each bottle, leave for a couple of weeks giving the bottles a swirl each day, after a couiple of weeks stop swirling and allow any seediment to sink before filtering through a paper coffee filter into a clean bottle (keep one extra bottle clear at the start of making and you can use this as your first bottle to decant into, then wash the others as they become empty (should always leave you with an empty that way as you work your way through.

Next step - Drink the rainbow:

http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s308/harlzter/rainbows-drink-a-rainbow-cubby-demotivational-poster-1285209737.jpg
Will deffo have to give this a go!
Last year we made xmas pudding vodka, this year, we successfully made Sloe Gin!
Apparently fruit salad and drumstick vodka is nice too.
Been to shop and got Werthers wish i'd got Skittles and Fruit salad as well lol
Edited by: "jeany123" 22nd Dec 2011
But which quantity of werthers? The small packet or bag?
Just checked the year old bottle in the cupboard, seems to taste ok, will I die if I drink it?
chuckiedoll

But which quantity of werthers? The small packet or bag?

I used a bag
harlzter

Skittles vodka is best, split a couple of large bags of skittles into … Skittles vodka is best, split a couple of large bags of skittles into colour groups then split a large bottle of vodka between smaller glass bottles (one for each colour) and add one lot of colour skittles to each bottle, leave for a couple of weeks giving the bottles a swirl each day, after a couiple of weeks stop swirling and allow any seediment to sink before filtering through a paper coffee filter into a clean bottle (keep one extra bottle clear at the start of making and you can use this as your first bottle to decant into, then wash the others as they become empty (should always leave you with an empty that way as you work your way through.Next step - Drink the rainbow:

Love the bottles, can i bring my toffee vodka to your party!
master_chief

Just checked the year old bottle in the cupboard, seems to taste ok, will … Just checked the year old bottle in the cupboard, seems to taste ok, will I die if I drink it?

Worth the risk i think!
Just googled and found a Mars bar one

4 x 60g Mars Bars
150ml cream
400ml vodka
METHOD Serves: 10-12
Combine Mars Bars with cream in a small saucepan over low heat. Stir until Mars Bars are melted.
Remove lid from vodka bottle and add Mars Bar mixture.
Tighten lid and agitate bottle for 2 minutes.
Store in a cool, dark place.
Shake well before serving very cold
Does it freeze like normal vodka?
jeany123

Just googled and found a Mars bar one 4 x 60g Mars Bars150ml cream400ml … Just googled and found a Mars bar one 4 x 60g Mars Bars150ml cream400ml vodkaMETHOD Serves: 10-12Combine Mars Bars with cream in a small saucepan over low heat. Stir until Mars Bars are melted.Remove lid from vodka bottle and add Mars Bar mixture.Tighten lid and agitate bottle for 2 minutes.Store in a cool, dark place.Shake well before serving very cold

Nice, i have added cream just before surving my toffee vodka, tastes ok for a tipple but mixing cream with alcohol is not really a good idea if your planning on drinking lots or mixing drinks!
Oh i might as well add this one while we are talking alcoholic party stuff
Put a bag of soft jelly bears (I use Haribo) in a Glass jar(i Use a dou egberts coffee jar)
Pour in a half bottle of vodka, put the lid on and refridgerate for a couple of days ( you might need/want to add more vodka)
The bears will soak up all the vodka and swell up!
Yummy and fruity sweet shots!
I have a sneeking suspicion col that your an alcoholic
Pear drop one is best.

Skittles one is ok, but not as nice !!

Also try cola cubes, sherbet lemons & aniseed twists
master_chief

Does it freeze like normal vodka?

Yes its best frozen for a few hrs before drinking.
Please can you let me know how long this will keep for sealed? Is it too early to make for Christmas.

Thank you in advance
SAVINGMUM

Please can you let me know how long this will keep for sealed? Is it too … Please can you let me know how long this will keep for sealed? Is it too early to make for Christmas.Thank you in advance

will it keep for christmas? Yes, unless you drink it.
I intend to, right now!!! have the Vodka (was to be for Blackberry Vodka) and the Werthers!
Chocolate Vodka rocks
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions