Groups
    EXPIRED

Homeplug help please !

I will explain the situation, currently i have the master phone socket in the hallway, the cable runs under the carpet into the living room to my PC

We are going to have wood flooring down so want to get rid of the cable, does the homeplug plug in next to the phone socket and i plug the phone line directly into that, then the other homeplug goes next to my pc and i plug it into my roter thats next to my PC , or do i need to move my router to the phone socket then into the homeplug ?

6 Comments

your phone line goes into router. you put one home plug into a plug socket near router, and send an Ethernet cable from the router to the adapter, the other home plug goes were you want the connection to take place, and you then plug and Ethernet from that , to the electrical you want internet for.

Original Poster

Ah right , so i just need to sit the router next to the main homeplug, thanks for that rep added :thumbsup:

The answer is b

Original Poster

So you cant put your settings into the homeplug then like you can a wireless router for example, or are there ones that you can do that with , im looking for a all in one soloution if one exists

deanos;5236333

So you cant put your settings into the homeplug then like you can a … So you cant put your settings into the homeplug then like you can a wireless router for example, or are there ones that you can do that with , im looking for a all in one soloution if one exists

what settings? for your isp then you need one of these
    scan.co.uk/Pro…210

and they only work with other 200mbs homplugs not 85 or 10mb ones

Original Poster

maddogb;5236800

what settings? for your isp then you need one of … what settings? for your isp then you need one of thesehttp://www.scan.co.uk/Product.aspx?WebProductId=687210and they only work with other 200mbs homplugs not 85 or 10mb ones

Thats looks fine, i thought you might be able to have it all built into the plug you see,
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Beds33
      2. What to do?????34
      3. Any free Now TV sports passes?22
      4. Best VR games?22

See more discussions