Groups

Homeplugs

Can anyone give me a break down and tell me what they do? how you use them?

Like do they replace the router? or are they in addition to the router?

Can't find much on them after a quick search on the intenet.

6 Comments

Original Poster

there are many homeplug devices, indeed there are routers with this feature built in but in essence they simply convert the network to run over the mains wiring and back again, so you always need two such devices to form a "bridge".

Original Poster

maddogb

there are many homeplug devices, indeed there are routers with this … there are many homeplug devices, indeed there are routers with this feature built in but in essence they simply convert the network to run over the mains wiring and back again, so you always need two such devices to form a "bridge".

Sorry i'm an actual n00b on this - so do they act as a receiver from the router and the do you put ethernet to the device i.e xbox? from the plug?

scott1295

Sorry i'm an actual n00b on this - so do they act as a receiver from the … Sorry i'm an actual n00b on this - so do they act as a receiver from the router and the do you put ethernet to the device i.e xbox? from the plug?

np, not quite sure what you mean but yes they attach 1 plug to the router and one to the device, each comes with an ethernet cable to allow this.
    so router>ethernet>homeplug>mains wiring>homplug2>ethernet>device.
    of course you can use these in 3 or more giving extra combis but that is the simple use.

Original Poster

^^ Thanks for that - i do apologise that you had to put it in such simple terms.

scott1295

^^ Thanks for that - i do apologise that you had to put it in such simple … ^^ Thanks for that - i do apologise that you had to put it in such simple terms.

lol i meant simplest use of the plugs.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. How dangerous is Donald trump?32163
      2. Entitled to overtime to be included in your holiday pay11
      3. Supermarket may have sold Sausages & Other Pork products may have been inf…1015
      4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764322

See more discussions