homeserve £1 per month plumbing and drainage - how good ?

Found 22nd Jun 2017
Hi

my water supplier – affinity told me that they have an offer for plumbing and drainage cover through homeserve that is £1 per month for 12 months. I checked homeserve website and they have this offer (so no special offer for affinity customers that I was told J )

I just want to check how good are homeserve and should I go for this ? if not then what alternatives do I have?

Thanks

Community Updates
Ask
8 Comments
I took out policy that was 50p a month about 4 months ago and had to claim for a collapsed drain. came out and fixed it quickly once it was diagnosed (2 visits) only drawback is the don't put flagstones back so had to get that done by someone else.. to be honest they don't have best reputation and I have boiler insurance with them and managed to get £50 compensation from them for a wasted day off work when engineer didn't turn up.. swings and roundabouts I suppose tho I think depends who they send on the day.
I had the £1 policy and they replaced a couple of leaky radiator valves and a broken bath tap, each a separate visit. No complaints. No brained compared to a plumber's callout fee.
I've had policies with them in the past for £1 a month, definitely recouped my years premiums just on fixes for washing machine pipe problems, blocked overflow etc. Now have a 50p a month policy that they offered after I'd been away from them for a few months.
Would confess when I had a larger problem I did still call in my own plumbers but homeserve still refunded me part of the cost.
Certainly recommend for smaller jobs even though they haven't got the best reputation, but probably wouldn't call them in for my boiler
terrible, wont fix my plumbing problem even though no where in the terms does it say it isnt covered. not even that big a job
For £1 a month, it is a bargain.

Don't expect that price for the second year though, but you can haggle, or cancel at that point.
Called them out last year to fix main stop tap. Brilliant service. Paid £6 for the year.
I took out the offer a couple of years ago, then paid full price for the following year. I thought all plumbing was covered, but the only time I tried to claim a few months ago, they refused to fix it after initially accepting the claim was valid. now cancelled, won't deal with them again.
I have home emergency from my home insurance to Homeserve. Not a good experience for me in terms of Boiler repair. I think it was down to the engineer who spent more than 25 hours for a week and couldn't figure it out. They had to call out another company engineer to fix it.
Until all this they didn't offer any alternative source of heat.

Sounds like plumbing and drains works are done better based on others experience.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants