Groups

Homeserve

So - rang homeserve yesterday as have a burst water pipe outside!

Called me back and quoted £105 for a plumber to attend and fix pipe - as it is easily accessible in the outhouse and the mains water can be turned off in the street - it is a lead pipe so cant fix myself!

Just a bit sceptical as they said the £105 price - (which in my opinion is reasonably cheap for a plumber to come and fix the problem) - also includes free pipe and drainage insurance for the year! so that covers 2 call outs agains leaks or blockages with no excess and the repair can be anything up to £2000.

Just seems a bit to good to be true - anyone with any similar experiences?

3 Comments

It sounds ok but I would never quote without seeing the job first. It maybe just the starting point for them

Banned

Google "homeserve" read some of the reports and then make your mind up..........

I have this cover with Homeserve and it usually costs around £50 per year.Only had to call them out once for a blocked outside drain but no problems.Just had a look at the summmary and it says : the cover limits stated include callout,labour, materials and V AT.All permanent repairs are guaranteed as long as you choose to remain a Homeserve customer.A permanent repair is only carried out if it's as cost effective as an emergency repair.It normally cost £59.95 per year for the cover so to get it included is a good price
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. love affairs1753
      2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767292
      3. Seems that Uber will NOT have it's London Licence Renewed by TFL - declarin…1629
      4. word association Game73944499

See more discussions