Homeserve plumbing claim counts as claim for Building insurance?

Found 24th Feb
Hi
We have homeserve plumbing cover and have a leakage in one of radiator pipe. I want to know if this is counted as a claim while renewing building insurance?

THanks
Community Updates
AskFinance & Utilities
5 Comments
It may do depending on whether your insurance covers pipes, if it doesn’t then you have a good reason not to mention it as it’s not being covered by the proposed insurance. Best option is to contact them and ask!

I never understand why people bother taking these insurances out the fixing of a burst pipe is pretty minimal and in my case I would just do it myself as I did on New Year’s Eve when one burst, cost about £10 for the materials to replace the whole section of copper pipe. Plenty of video on you tube which tell you how to solder.
Damage caused will be covered but not the pipe. Home insurance covers damage not the fault. Problem is the excess you need to pay on a claim ( first £250+) then your policy will rise on renewal. Never worth claiming for small things... We have had minor pipe leaks and furniture damage but never claimed.
Edited by: "wayners" 24th Feb
No it doesn't affect home insurance as long as you don't claim from home insurance. I have asked this from home serve before so it is important to ask them questions about policies.
They will ask you if its covered under your home insurance then you should claim from them etc.
Edited by: "Misslovely" 24th Feb
Whilst it may not effect your home insurance, are they asking you "have you made any claims in the last xxx yrs?"
As cmdr_elito says prob best ring and ask and cover yourself against non disclosure of material facts
Edited by: "Flynn.Jack" 24th Feb
Misslovely2 h, 48 m ago

No it doesn't affect home insurance as long as you don't claim from home …No it doesn't affect home insurance as long as you don't claim from home insurance. I have asked this from home serve before so it is important to ask them questions about policies.They will ask you if its covered under your home insurance then you should claim from them etc.

I did the same & homeserve said it is not claim against building/home insurance.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants