Groups

Homeserve--STAY AWAY FROM THIS CO!!!

STAY AWAY FROM THIS AWFUL COMPANY!! yes they are cheap but their service is absolutely shockingly terrible I have been left without any heating and hot water over xmas and new year they send engineers who do not know what the problem is and have created more probs/faults and fully messed the boiler have not provided any heaters which they supposed to!! phone lines are terrible youre waiting ages nobody orders the part that is required and an engineer came to my property and knocked off elec circuit board which meant boiler went off they've caused me to be poorly living in cold house and they would NOT pay to go to alternative accomodation!! Homeserve have been fined so many times which if you search for on here you will find it! I am warning others stay AWAY FROM HOMESERVE!!!!

17 Comments

I paid 50p/month and they covered all basics quite well, same day service sometimes but wouldn't trust them with a major repair especially boiler or mains

we have them, fixed boiler several times and other bits, sometimes have to order a part but usually done within a week, can't really fault them, maybe depends on where you live as to who they send out

Banned

You should have researched their performance before you bought their service. NOT after

We didn't have any problems, they fixed our boiler without hesitation

Problem with modern life, in the olden days and I mean 10-15 years ago everyone knew a local plumber, electrician etc now everything is online so we expect big companies to do everything and have problems it's a rigmarole getting it resolved

think they have featured on watchdog a few times

contact watchdog as you may feature on next programme if there enough complaints about them

imnicebuttdim

Problem with modern life, in the olden days and I mean 10-15 years ago … Problem with modern life, in the olden days and I mean 10-15 years ago everyone knew a local plumber, electrician etc now everything is online so we expect big companies to do everything and have problems it's a rigmarole getting it resolved

Definitely this.

But it's worth it every time to invest the time and energy into finding someone local.

I had heating but no hot water when homeserve arrived......when he left, he had broken the heating too.....I was left with nothing for a week.....had 5 different 'heating engineers' in freezing conditions before it was fixed and my little one was under 12months old. HOMESERVE do not have there own fleet.....they sub contract. The staff I got were a joke......you get what you pay for. We are now with Scottish Power, much dearer, much better.

I have had cover with home serve for a couple of years, paid £6 for the first year and about £30 for the second. At this price I had them out half a dozen times for little jobs, dripping taps, blocked washing machine waste water pipe, broken sink overflow. When I needed my mains water stopcock replaced I used my "proper" plumber as I didn't want to risk a stranger doing major work , homeserve even paid half of the cost for me though, so I can't fault the service I had from them.

Original Poster

mum22girls

I had heating but no hot water when homeserve arrived......when he left, … I had heating but no hot water when homeserve arrived......when he left, he had broken the heating too.....I was left with nothing for a week.....had 5 different 'heating engineers' in freezing conditions before it was fixed and my little one was under 12months old. HOMESERVE do not have there own fleet.....they sub contract. The staff I got were a joke......you get what you pay for. We are now with Scottish Power, much dearer, much better.

EXACTLY What happened with me! yes they MAYBE alright with drain cover but they CERTAINLY cannot DEAL WITH BOILER faults!! LEAVING people with NO HEATING AND HOT WATER OVER XMAS AND NEW YEAR AND IN MIDDLE OF WINTER IS TERRIBLE AND JUST PLAIN DISGUSTING!!

Ha ha ! I worked for them when the used to be called Home Service, they aint changed much have they :-) You don't need any of this cover if you have decent household insurance.

Banned

mum22girls

I had heating but no hot water when homeserve arrived......when he left, … I had heating but no hot water when homeserve arrived......when he left, he had broken the heating too.....I was left with nothing for a week.....had 5 different 'heating engineers' in freezing conditions before it was fixed and my little one was under 12months old. HOMESERVE do not have there own fleet.....they sub contract. The staff I got were a joke......you get what you pay for. We are now with Scottish Power, much dearer, much better.

Homeserve DO have their own engineers.

They sub some excess work out when they get busy (IE cold weather)All these companies do apart from maybe British Gas

I've had used them, they were excellent with drain cover as you say but I know they wouldn't be any good at boiler cover I wouldn't trust them with that. But the issue you have is common with the likes of british gas and a few others, same story as yours just different company.

Brilliant service when we had our main stopcock replaced. Out within 24 hours and no mess.

I have used them for my boiler when british gas condemned it as they didn't want to pay for the parts.
    Homeserve fixed it no problem. I have had them out a couple of times in the last few years without issue.

I think it is the engineers you get not the company.

I was with them a few years ago. We had a problem with our boiler, they sent 2 different engineers, both were unable to fix the fault. When i called them back to say it was not still working, they said that they would not do anything until i had a power clean of the system (not sure about the technical term now) minimum cost £400. I called an independent boiler engineer, found the fault in about 10 mins, fixed it in about another 10mins (valve replacement), £35 all included. I managed to get the invoice from the independent engineer paid by Homeserve, and then I cancelled my contract
    Edited by: "jeannot18" 10th Feb
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Virgin Media - what is a good price?618
      2. Advice on Gas Boiler Cover, British Gas putting price up!22
      3. Scammed on Steam game33
      4. Need foreign euro spend card, only 40% eligibility for Halifax Clarity but …55

See more discussions