Honda Civic Type-R

Found 23rd Aug 2007
Currently drive the above car (old model), but even though it is a fantastic motor, i would like a new toy.

The new Civic Type-R is currently out of my price range, especially with all the add ons, works out to be £22k.

The Type-r holds it's value very well so thats a big factor in my next purchase.

Any other suggestions / advice...

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
42 Comments

What's your budget? Maybe a part exchange at Honda?

Donleeone

What's your budget? Maybe a part exchange at Honda?

Think that'll be your best bet.

Autotrader?

Trade you a PSP PLEASE

So I guess you like the fast car?

Original Poster

No no no...p/x is the easy option, but i will loose so much compared to if i sell it private. The dealers give you pittance and when they come back with the figure, they even laugh themselves at what they offer you, knowing full well it's well under value.

Budget of approx £15-18k...

Haggle?

Sell your car privatly, then go to a dealership and haggle. You could probs get than £22k down a bit.

ANy specific requirements?

A few I like

TT
Z4
3 series
Golf R32 (old shape due to budget)
Golf GTi (new shape)
S2000

I assume you want something that'll keep up with the type R?

Original Poster

The problem is, the new model, the GT version is what i'm after, in black with the 19 inch rage alloys on, a dealership in coventry has one and is in the hands of the dealer principal at the moment and won't be released until the 3rd september. It has the full works in the car and because of this and the fact there are only a handful of the GT's being produced, then they know they will sell them without dropping the price whatsoever !!

Original Poster

I know this is all personal preference......

Golf R32, just doesn't appeal
Golf GTI, (new shape) the shape is growing on me but not enough to buy one
BMW 3 series, nice cars but very common and lose value because there are so many of them
S2000, Z4 AND TT arn't practical enough really....golf clubs wouldn't fit would they !!

The speed is nice to have on the type-r, but rarely used on mine!!

Wow! lol

A4 Cab
Focus ST
New Civic Type S
Wait a little for new CIvic Type-R to drop - You already have an amazing car! Have it a little longer :P

Original Poster

To be fair deal4me, you are probably right, it's only got 29k on the clock, immaculate condition on a 52 reg....why am i bothering?!?!?

Like i said i would just like a new toy.

Could try [url]www.motorpoint.co.uk[/url]. There is brand new red (did have black but it sold!) R-type there for £17k. Import and need to take the spec / colour they have but great saving against dealer. Not so good if you need to trade in but worth a look esp if you can sell current wagon privately.

Subaru Impreza?

They're getting common but very very nice!

Iom-RF

Subaru Impreza?They're getting common but very very nice!

Impreza??? More like a subaru clitoris every c***'s got one. There are loads of the bleedin noise buckets round our way.

Iom-RF

Subaru Impreza?They're getting common but very very nice!

Impreza??? More like a subaru clitoris every c***'s got one. There are loads of the bleedin noise buckets round our way. Rather go for the Misubishi Evo.

harlzter

Impreza??? More like a subaru clitoris every c***'s got one. There are … Impreza??? More like a subaru clitoris every c***'s got one. There are loads of the bleedin noise buckets round our way. Rather go for the Misubishi Evo.

i agree i HATE imprezas commen filth imo:giggle:

Theres 17 cars park on our road and 5 of them are Imprezas! Why is it all Imppreza drivers seem to come home in them after midnight and go out again at 5am! The noise really pee's me off most of all you can hear them well before you see them!

harlzter

Theres 17 cars park on our road and 5 of them are Imprezas! Why is it all … Theres 17 cars park on our road and 5 of them are Imprezas! Why is it all Imppreza drivers seem to come home in them after midnight and go out again at 5am! The noise really pee's me off most of all you can hear them well before you see them!

yeah they all sound like tanks :giggle: i think there is a manufacturing problem with the exhaust

Save some money and take a test drive in a used DC2 (preferably with an induction kit fitted) - think you'll find the original vtec more fun than the newer i-vtec.

what about japenese imports supra,soarer,fto,subaru,evo etc

my fav choice is a BMW M3

22b!! need i say more

How about a Seat Leon Cupra R?, I think they're nice cars....

How about a Lotus Elise?, Sporty looking cars but only 1.8L's.......

Sloth/Mod

Iom-RF

How about a Seat Leon Cupra R?, I think they're nice cars....[SIZE=2]

[/SIZE]

And my new one arrives at the showroom for me to collect on Saturday...:-D :-D

How about a Lexus IS 200?, Again they're getting common but are nice... (if the car is common its a good sign its a nice car....)

Or a Mazda RX8, Maybe?

Original Poster

Agree with the subaru comments....also a prime target to get pinched.

Leon Cupras look nice from the outside, but, lose value very quickly and the inside is very basic.

Anyone fancy a p/x ?!!!!!

How about a ford focus RS, Or A focus ST?

Original Poster

Dislike fords in general, especially the focus.

Just been looking at the Nissan 350z, maybe on a 54-55reg....nice cars.

Yeah, Nissan 350z/fairlady are nice!

If you go for a nissan make it a skyline GTR R34 VROOOOM!

You should get a MK1 Seat Leon CupraR - 265bhp post remap & fantastic.

I have the FR diesel version - only lost £1.5k in 2.5 years, now thats good depriciation. Again, custom remap & I have it over 200bhp & 330ft/lbs torque - plus still nearly 60mpg on a run !

what about Mégane Renaultsport 230 Renault F1 Team R26

renaultsport.co.uk/roa…ew/

great specs :thumbsup:

Original Poster

Good shout.....have renault got reliability problems though?

Looks a nice motor though, especially in black...

ChrisUK

You should get a MK1 Seat Leon CupraR - 265bhp post remap & fantastic.I … You should get a MK1 Seat Leon CupraR - 265bhp post remap & fantastic.I have the FR diesel version - only lost £1.5k in 2.5 years, now thats good depriciation. Again, custom remap & I have it over 200bhp & 330ft/lbs torque - plus still nearly 60mpg on a run !

200BHP and 60mpg!, You don't here that very often!!

smithyp1

Good shout.....have renault got reliability problems though?Looks a nice … Good shout.....have renault got reliability problems though?Looks a nice motor though, especially in black...

Ive got a renaultsport clio on an 02 plate had since new...never been near a garage except for servicing and m.o.t....great runner and starter

Renaults have come a long way in the last 8 years or so imo :thumbsup:

Have you seen the glacier white version of that car i suggested ?....wooooot

If you're a Type R fan, I'd personally go for a JDM Integra Type R DC5 - or, if you can find one at a sensible price, the new JDM Civic Type R (FD2) - sooooooooooooooooooo nice!!!

Personally, if you want the true Type R experience though, get a UK spec Integra Type R DC2 - I think this was once described as 'the best front wheel drive car you can buy'.

I'm a bit biased, as I used to have one!!!! - But, I did test drive a Civic Type R too, but thought it was too refined. If you want a raw driving experience, go for an Integra DC2

Banned

Yes DC2 is raw, compare with FD2 or DC5. An it is light weight!

It's difficult to say what might appeal to you, judging you're currently driving a Civic Type-R. How about a Vauxhall Astra Sport? Ford Focuses are nice cars and parts are cheap and plentiful. The ST is a better drive than the RS if you're only looking for occasional speed. BMW M3 are always brilliant too. Skoda Fabia VRs?

If you're not looking for heavy depreciation, don't buy a new, or even nearly new car. After 5 years, things tend to even out to a steadier decline.

Fabia VRS, Nice call!, Very understated IMO!

Don't forget - All VW/Audi/Skoda/Seat are the same cars with different shells ;-)

smithyp1

Currently drive the above car (old model), but even though it is a … Currently drive the above car (old model), but even though it is a fantastic motor, i would like a new toy.The new Civic Type-R is currently out of my price range, especially with all the add ons, works out to be £22k.The Type-r holds it's value very well so thats a big factor in my next purchase.Any other suggestions / advice...

Yea get a tracker on any car you get :thumbsup:

Would you want your car back after being stolen & thrashed ? Albeit you "may" get cheaper insurance....
Post a comment
@
    Text