Honda HRV , opinions please.

Posted 22nd Feb
Hi all,

Does anybody have one of these (aged from 2015 onwards).

What’s your opinion of the vehicle ?
Community Updates
Misc

Groups

5 Comments
Great size, one of the more reliable vehicles of this type, built to last and very comfy.

Ideal family vehicles if you’re out and about often.
Don't buy one expecting something super practical though, they're very similar to a decent hatchback or swoopy estate. That goes for most SUVs, it's a pretty styling-driven body type.

Personally for that sort of money I'd go for a Mazda 6 Estate. The petrol version offers the same fuel economy and it's a nicer drive (and a foot longer boot).
I’ve just been told about the Kia Sportage... opinions?
andyjp125/02/2020 23:43

Look tempting, but, from research (limited) the mpg doesn't seem to be great generally.
andyjp125/02/2020 23:43

We looked at pretty much all of those SUVs that were available when we were looking for cars a couple of years ago and none of them were particularly convincing. They're no nicer or larger inside than an equivalent estate or large hatchback and don't ride any more comfortably, but cost several grand more to buy and have worse fuel economy.

They were mostly fairly bland as well. The only ones that had any character were some of the smaller ones like the Renegade and Ignis.

There have been a couple of new model launches since then so maybe some of those like the C5 Aircross fair better.

The only tall vehicles that impressed at the time were the Grand Espace, because it's really good looking, the Tourneo Connect, because it's far more spacious than a sportage etc. despite being the same footprint and the Sharan/Alhambra because it was unusually quiet inside.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Discussions

Top Merchants