Honda Insight dashcam hardwiring

Found 12th Apr
Hello people,
Could somebody please advise me on which fuse to be used to hardwire dash-cam on Honda Insight 2010 model car.
I only need the cam to work when ignition is turned on.
Thanks all for taking time to give me some sort of lead.
Community Updates
AskDash Cam
10 Comments
Not a great idea to hardwire them - I've heard of issues with battery drain etc.

I use a usb lead from the cig lighter outlet to my cam on my Civic.
could use something like cigarette lighter (if it only comes on when you start the car)

best thing to do is jump in the car and plug it in. lock it wait 60secs and see if it still get power or not.

For my car i used the cigarette lighter (only gives power when unlocked) and the intreal/reading lights/s for constant power. as my cam has bump record so when the car is bumped when parked it will turn on the record.

I have not had any issue with battery drain on my car but have seen you can buy a battery pack and wire it up the same way. (so the cam used the battery pack when the car is locked so does not drain the cars battery)
Edited by: "djmackie2000" 12th Apr
No problem with them being hardwired as long as you connect it to a point that switches with the ignition.

Sorry I cannot help with where to ocnnect, have you tried any Honda Insight forums?
I’ve tried the forum. No luck wrt Insight.
Still trying to figure out. Thanks guys.
Doesn't the fuse box have markings to show which is the ciggy lighter socket fuse.. Mine is now is hard wired to an always on fuse (there was a reason why) so records 24/7. Car has gone for 5 days parked and no problem with noticable battery drain.
moob3 h, 15 m ago

Not a great idea to hardwire them - I've heard of issues with battery …Not a great idea to hardwire them - I've heard of issues with battery drain etc.I use a usb lead from the cig lighter outlet to my cam on my Civic.

Hard wiring to to the ciggy socket fuse or using a lead to the ciggy socket equates to the same thing re power drain.
Edited by: "steve.t" 12th Apr
Ciggy lighter is the best option if not try something like the brake lights push the brake pedal with out the ignition being on if they dont light up then find the fuse and piggy back off it
steve.t18 h, 41 m ago

Hard wiring to to the ciggy socket fuse or using a lead to the ciggy …Hard wiring to to the ciggy socket fuse or using a lead to the ciggy socket equates to the same thing re power drain.

Ciggy socket requires the ignition to be on for it to output power. So it's not the same.
moob13 h, 0 m ago

Ciggy socket requires the ignition to be on for it to output power. So …Ciggy socket requires the ignition to be on for it to output power. So it's not the same.

Power to the dashcam-Ciggy socket : ........................Ignition on it's live. Ignition off,it's not live
Power to the dashcam,Hard wired to ciggy fuse:....... Ignition on it's live. Ignition off,it's not live

Same thing
Edited by: "steve.t" 14th Apr
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions