Honda jazz keyless entry module

Found 15th Feb
My cars central locking has been playing up - not lock or unlock via remote. I have changed the batteries in the keys, still not working.
After taking it to the local dealership they quoted me a job for replacing the part 38385-SAA-G01 at £298.
I have checked on eBay for a 2nd hand of this part only cost about £25.

Just to try to save some money here, is that a job I can do myself by replacing this module? or does it require tech guys to programme the module to fit my car/remote?
Community Updates
Ask
12 Comments
deleted1597344
I don’t know the answer, if the unit needs programming. But I would be inclined to give it a go you cant do any harm, keys can be programmed yourself if required.
deleted159734415th Feb

I don’t know the answer, if the unit needs programming. But I would be i …I don’t know the answer, if the unit needs programming. But I would be inclined to give it a go you cant do any harm, keys can be programmed yourself if required.

Yeah. At £25 might as well. If not could always go to the shop have it programmed
Have you tried the Honda forums?
Flynn.Jack18 m ago

Have you tried the Honda forums?

Also Youtube
I was reading a news article the other day of people having problems with keyless entry lately and it was caused by interference, but I can not remember what the cause was now or find the article.
summerof764 m ago

Also Youtube

Thanks. Tried to get some sorta guide on YouTube but couldn’t find any. I’ll give the forums a go tonight.
SOUTHWALES6 m ago

I was reading a news article the other day of people having problems with …I was reading a news article the other day of people having problems with keyless entry lately and it was caused by interference, but I can not remember what the cause was now or find the article.

Oh what kinda interference could u recall? On my key chain i have 2 keys for our cars. Could it be the problem? Having 2 wireless keys together too close all the time?
What batteries dis you use?

My citreon key fob went, searched forums. There are ways to reset it but i checked battery first.
I bought pack £1 shop batteries - wouldnt work so bought expensive energizer ones. They worked.
Caroline_19933 h, 50 m ago

What batteries dis you use? My citreon key fob went, searched forums. …What batteries dis you use? My citreon key fob went, searched forums. There are ways to reset it but i checked battery first. I bought pack £1 shop batteries - wouldnt work so bought expensive energizer ones. They worked.

Thanks for the info. currently I have cheapy 1 pound batteries in the keys. Will give big brand batteries ago. Hopefully it will sort out the problem.
moob28 m ago

Try these guys - http://clubjazz.org/ - or …Try these guys - http://clubjazz.org/ - or https://hondakarma.com/community/

Thank you. Much appreciated.
ltrisotti6 h, 38 m ago

Thanks. Tried to get some sorta guide on YouTube but couldn’t find any. I …Thanks. Tried to get some sorta guide on YouTube but couldn’t find any. I’ll give the forums a go tonight.

Let us know how you get on
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions