Honda Parking Sensors

Posted 17th Jan
I took my car to Honda yesterday to get an issue fixed. When they gave me the invoice, it had a special offer for parking sensors fitted for £199.99. Having had a quick look around, other companies are charging around the same or more.

With this in mind is this a good deal? Please no comments on doing it myself! I do not want to do it myself, not confident with drilling the holes, etc.
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

13 Comments
I have front and rear sensors on my Peugeot 5008, I love them.
£200 seems a good price from a main dealer.
Ask them if they are fitting genuine honda sensors properly tied in with the car (so would expect to be able to manage though the car) or fitting generic aftermarket stuff.

Local dealer to me had what seemed a good offer but on investigation they were fitting a cheap aftermarket kit. genuine kit lets you set volume/tone/etc and ties intoi the ice to display distance pic. aftermarket just beeps.
How long have you had the car?
Have you managed fine without sensors until now? If yes, then that means you don't need them and you are not getting a good deal because you're spending £200 on something you don't need.

If you do need them and you feel they're going to make a difference to your life then as above, if it's going to be proper sensors that will flawlessly work with your car then £200 is decent.
£200 for genuine Honda parts, Honda fitted and sprayed to the same colour as your car? Not a bad price if it includes VAT. A dealer charges over £100ph labour and this would be a 2 hour job including painting before fixing. Try to get a valet inside and out thrown in.

Your local garage charges around £70ph + (parts £25-£100). A wideboy in the archways will do it for under £100 but you really dont know what you are getting and its no good complaining afterwards.
mas9917/01/2020 08:36

Ask them if they are fitting genuine honda sensors properly tied in with …Ask them if they are fitting genuine honda sensors properly tied in with the car (so would expect to be able to manage though the car) or fitting generic aftermarket stuff.Local dealer to me had what seemed a good offer but on investigation they were fitting a cheap aftermarket kit. genuine kit lets you set volume/tone/etc and ties intoi the ice to display distance pic. aftermarket just beeps.

Will call them today to get more info.
notalwaysright1917/01/2020 11:00

How long have you had the car?Have you managed fine without sensors until …How long have you had the car?Have you managed fine without sensors until now? If yes, then that means you don't need them and you are not getting a good deal because you're spending £200 on something you don't need. If you do need them and you feel they're going to make a difference to your life then as above, if it's going to be proper sensors that will flawlessly work with your car then £200 is decent.

Had my car around a month, passed recently. Been doing alright so far, but I think parking sensors would help.
Had rear sensors fitted to our Mazda3 last summer (as its a horrible car to try to reverse without them!). Company came out to us, supplied and fitted the sensors for £160. So £200 for both front and rear seems pretty reasonable
Just called them for more info. Price is for back sound sensors only. They’ll be colour coded to my car, but they’re not Honda ones, some brand called Dolphin which I’m assuming is a cheap brand. It’s looking less of a good deal now lol.
I had Dolphin installed on a Mondeo, colour coded, looked great, you would not know they were there, but all they did was beep. Had them fitted by an installer they recommended at my workplace and didn't miss a beat in 7 years.They are good quality, but basic.
mas12317/01/2020 16:18

Just called them for more info. Price is for back sound sensors only. …Just called them for more info. Price is for back sound sensors only. They’ll be colour coded to my car, but they’re not Honda ones, some brand called Dolphin which I’m assuming is a cheap brand. It’s looking less of a good deal now lol.

Yeah not great then. I was a tenner out earlier - mine were £170, but included colour coding and fitting on the drive. Was very happy with the service, guy turned up exactly on time and knew exactly what he was doing. If you really want sensors I'd recommend them. avrmobiles.co.uk
The generic kits are like £15 on ebay, spray them the right colour which is about £8 at Halfords, takes an hour or two to fit. Done it a few times now and works great still years on.

Similar to you've found with Honda, Ford won't fit the factory ones other than the time of ordering, after that it's an overpriced genetic kit. For my latest car I got the Ford parts for £70 on ebay, connected it up and enabled it myself via the odbc port, full integrated sensors for £80 (parts + spray paint). Look like they were factory fitted.
Edited by: "dcx_badass" 17th Jan
Used to fit Dolphin branded, actually good quality, and more robust/reliable than OE ones, had a really good warranty too...
£200 painted and fitted is a good price, for dealer, and they will warranty them should there be any problems.
Front sensors typically a bit more expensive to fit(kit a little more ££) but DO take more time to fit/tidily hide wiring.
Got a quote from a reputable garage on whocanfixmycar.com front and back sensors inc labour for £180. If I just want the back done then it’s £140. Comes with 12 month warranty.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants