Honda type r fn2 key problems?

Posted 14th Apr 2019
I have a type r on a 09 plate and have a really weird situation with my key.

I used to be able to unlock the car with the remote on the key and then lock it using the other button.

Then I was only able to unlock the car with the remote.

Now I can't lock or unlock the car with the key, and have to use the physical key in the lock which triggers off the alarm.

Any ideas if this is pointing to the car battery or possibly even the key battery?
Community Updates
Ask
9 Comments
Id first try changing the fob battery. If im right its a strange number like CR2525 as i had a type r of that era. If not then it might be the key itself being worn in which youll need to buy a new one and have key coded. Cant see this being the reciever if the key fob worked for one function while faulty.
Sounds like the key battery.

Have a look on youtube - you're likely to be able to find a video on how to change the battery.

For example ..... youtube.com/wat…74A
Edited by: "Van1973" 14th Apr 2019
deleted1410297
I’ve got a Champ white 09 fn2. Have you messed with the car battery, as i think that can mess up the programming.
bigweapon0714/04/2019 22:13

Id first try changing the fob battery. If im right its a strange number …Id first try changing the fob battery. If im right its a strange number like CR2525 as i had a type r of that era. If not then it might be the key itself being worn in which youll need to buy a new one and have key coded. Cant see this being the reciever if the key fob worked for one function while faulty.

will give it a shot think its cr1616.
deleted141029714/04/2019 23:57

I’ve got a Champ white 09 fn2. Have you messed with the car battery, as i t …I’ve got a Champ white 09 fn2. Have you messed with the car battery, as i think that can mess up the programming.

When the alarm kept going off I did disconnect the battery for say 10 mins. And connected it again but the same problem.
hasnainthehotdeal15/04/2019 12:57

will give it a shot think its cr1616.

Just dont leave the battery out though as it will lose its key code number.
bigweapon0715th Apr

Just dont leave the battery out though as it will lose its key code number.

have replaced the key battery and it is still not working. am thinking now it may have lost its key code number. how would i go about fixing this?
You probably need to re-pair it to the vehicle. Google "pair remote key Honda civic" and you will no doubt find out how to do it. I think this is the method for yours.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants