Groups
    EXPIRED

Honor 6x or Moto G5 Plus

Hi guys would appreciate your advice, especially those if you that have used/owned both of these phones.

It's finally time to change from my Samsung Galaxy Alpha, and I've decided to go for either the Honor 6x or Moto G5 Plus. I know one is a 5.5 and the other a 5.2, so coming from my Alpha they will both be larger. I wanted some advice on what phone is best for day to day use.

I'm not a social media junkie but do watch a bit of YouTube, also camera use, and of course texts, calls and whatsapp. I don't really play any games on my phone.

I can get the Honor for £190 and the G5 plus for £240. Is it worth spending the extra £50? Any help is much appreciated ☺

11 Comments

Both are good choices. I personally don't think that the G5 Plus is worth the premium, for what is only a slightly better camera.

For me the choice comes down to software preferences. The Honor is heavily skinned with Huawei's EMUI software, whereas the Moto is pretty much stock Android.

It might be worth waiting for the Moto G5S and G5S+, which should be announced towards the end of July.

Original Poster

chancooluk

Both are good choices. I personally don't think that the G5 Plus is worth … Both are good choices. I personally don't think that the G5 Plus is worth the premium, for what is only a slightly better camera.For me the choice comes down to software preferences. The Honor is heavily skinned with Huawei's EMUI software, whereas the Moto is pretty much stock Android.It might be worth waiting for the Moto G5S and G5S+, which should be announced towards the end of July.

Oh no not more choices ;). Cheers for the heads up

I would wait for the g5s plus. Will blow honor x6 out of the water.

Original Poster

johnf007

I would wait for the g5s plus. Will blow honor x6 out of the water.

The spec does look good, twin rear cameras and metal body, but I'd imagine it'll cost more as well, possibly getting towards the £300 mark. Then it becomes a bit of a different market

Why not save a bit of money and go for a bigger screen and get the Moto g4. I've had that and it's a great phone. I prefer that to the new 5.2 screen g5. Although if your after spec, the g5 is probably better, but the g4 is a great great budget phone

Original Poster

johnf00758 m ago

Why not save a bit of money and go for a bigger screen and get the Moto …Why not save a bit of money and go for a bigger screen and get the Moto g4. I've had that and it's a great phone. I prefer that to the new 5.2 screen g5. Although if your after spec, the g5 is probably better, but the g4 is a great great budget phone

It's the jump to a big screen that I'm not too sure about - the screen on my Alpha is fine for me but I know most screens are getting bigger and bigger, so I'll have to take the plunge soon. I've heard the G4 is a decent phone but I'm so indecisive I need fewer options not more . I'm looking for a new car at the minute and having the same issue.....

Get the g5
    Edited by: "johnf007" 8th Jul

I'd go for the Moto any day of the week. Currently own a SIM free P9 that's still stuck on Marshmallow with Sep 2016 security patches so it kind of puts me off Huawei/Honor. The Moto and Lenovo handsets run pretty much stock Android too, but for some pretty useful additions.

Original Poster

misterleoni1 h, 48 m ago

I'd go for the Moto any day of the week. Currently own a SIM free P9 …I'd go for the Moto any day of the week. Currently own a SIM free P9 that's still stuck on Marshmallow with Sep 2016 security patches so it kind of puts me off Huawei/Honor. The Moto and Lenovo handsets run pretty much stock Android too, but for some pretty useful additions.

That was my concern with the Honor. I've seen a few threads on here about updates not being regularly rolled out. Think I'll probably go for thr Moto.

How about the Wileyfox Swift 2X that'll be £149 tmrw?

Original Poster

Pulled thr trigger on the Moto G5 Plus, £199.99 at Carphone Warehouse with £10 TCB. Couldn't say no to that. Cheers for all the advice guys
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Led light bulbs. Never used them, what do I need to know?59
      2. Curry haggle price?910
      3. Laptop advice needed please - cheap, fast (to boot), no thrills22
      4. Localphone VOIP long distance app broken (not ios11 compatible)11

See more discussions