11 Comments
Very interesting if a bit awwww
thought this one was as well
theguardian.com/soc…yes
Looks promising.

Zero carb/ keto diet
+Bas Rutten O2 trainer
Thank me in 6 months
I'm prepared for scorn, but I'll just put this out there. I suffered with asthma through my twenties and early thirties, having mild attacks on a regular basis. I was on a high dose of steroid inhalers, and regularly having to use my reliever.
The only time I was ever really clear of it was on holiday abroad - everyone used to say it was the 'sea air'. One night whilst trawling the web, I saw a story about the low incidence rate of asthma in India, and a link with nasal irrigation. I wondered whether it wasn't the sea air, so much as I inadvertently irrigated by being in the sea every day.
For the last three years, I've started and ended every day with a spray of saline up each nostril - simple kids cold remedy - and I haven't had an attack since. I'm off of my steroids and have used my blue inhaler perhaps once or twice when I've had a particularly bad cold. I'm not suggesting it's a cure, but it's certainly worked for me.
fivegoldstars1 h, 19 m ago

I'm prepared for scorn, but I'll just put this out there. I suffered with …I'm prepared for scorn, but I'll just put this out there. I suffered with asthma through my twenties and early thirties, having mild attacks on a regular basis. I was on a high dose of steroid inhalers, and regularly having to use my reliever.The only time I was ever really clear of it was on holiday abroad - everyone used to say it was the 'sea air'. One night whilst trawling the web, I saw a story about the low incidence rate of asthma in India, and a link with nasal irrigation. I wondered whether it wasn't the sea air, so much as I inadvertently irrigated by being in the sea every day.For the last three years, I've started and ended every day with a spray of saline up each nostril - simple kids cold remedy - and I haven't had an attack since. I'm off of my steroids and have used my blue inhaler perhaps once or twice when I've had a particularly bad cold. I'm not suggesting it's a cure, but it's certainly worked for me.

The 'seaside' is naturally going to have less air pollution pollen being a main one
fivegoldstars11 h, 1 m ago

I'm prepared for scorn, but I'll just put this out there. I suffered with …I'm prepared for scorn, but I'll just put this out there. I suffered with asthma through my twenties and early thirties, having mild attacks on a regular basis. I was on a high dose of steroid inhalers, and regularly having to use my reliever.The only time I was ever really clear of it was on holiday abroad - everyone used to say it was the 'sea air'. One night whilst trawling the web, I saw a story about the low incidence rate of asthma in India, and a link with nasal irrigation. I wondered whether it wasn't the sea air, so much as I inadvertently irrigated by being in the sea every day.For the last three years, I've started and ended every day with a spray of saline up each nostril - simple kids cold remedy - and I haven't had an attack since. I'm off of my steroids and have used my blue inhaler perhaps once or twice when I've had a particularly bad cold. I'm not suggesting it's a cure, but it's certainly worked for me.

Perhaps your dunks in the Indian waters gave you the above superworms! The do pump their **** directly into the water there.
splatsplatsplat1 h, 10 m ago

Perhaps your dunks in the Indian waters gave you the above superworms! The …Perhaps your dunks in the Indian waters gave you the above superworms! The do pump their **** directly into the water there.

Unfortunately, I've not made it as far as India yet, although it's on my list. The salt water I've ingested has mainly been of the Spanish variety.
Seriously though, the linked article states:

The researchers found people who live in countries where the worms are common are less likely to have asthma.
In south east Asia, fewer than one in 20 people have asthma compared to one in 11 in the UK.

As I said before, nasal irrigation is also common in those countries too.
Brain not working today, need superworms in noggin.
fivegoldstars3 h, 38 m ago

Unfortunately, I've not made it as far as India yet, although it's on my …Unfortunately, I've not made it as far as India yet, although it's on my list. The salt water I've ingested has mainly been of the Spanish variety.Seriously though, the linked article states:The researchers found people who live in countries where the worms are common are less likely to have asthma.In south east Asia, fewer than one in 20 people have asthma compared to one in 11 in the UK. As I said before, nasal irrigation is also common in those countries too.

I'm not an asthma sufferer, just allergic - to my cat I think. Anyway, I also do a sinus rinse twice a day using one of the those squeegy bottles (Neilmed). Ah, the relief it gives
buddhabelly23 m ago

I'm not an asthma sufferer, just allergic - to my cat I think. Anyway, I …I'm not an asthma sufferer, just allergic - to my cat I think. Anyway, I also do a sinus rinse twice a day using one of the those squeegy bottles (Neilmed). Ah, the relief it gives

Do you just use normal salt in water or the special sachets? My sons been given one from hospital but not tried it out yet.
adhkarzf2 h, 42 m ago

Do you just use normal salt in water or the special sachets? My sons been …Do you just use normal salt in water or the special sachets? My sons been given one from hospital but not tried it out yet.

I just use rock/sea salt crystals. Read the ingredients to make sure its 100% salt, no anti-caking agent etc. The cardboard tubes of salt are quite cheap and last ages -tesco/sainsburys do them for less than £1.
As for water, I filter and boil it first (though the filtering is because the water down here tastes weird).
What I do is get a small glass/ceramic (240ml) jug/cup. Just over half fill it with boiled water and a 1/4-1/2 teaspoon of salt. And let it cool. Then, when I do a rinse, I top the jug up with freshly boiled water so that the mixture is the right temperature. And do the rinse with that. Remember to half-refill the jug with boiled water and salt again - ready for the next rinse. This way there is no waiting around for the mixture to cool to the right temperature.
Edited by: "buddhabelly" 19th Oct 2017
buddhabelly19th Oct

I just use rock/sea salt crystals. Read the ingredients to make sure its …I just use rock/sea salt crystals. Read the ingredients to make sure its 100% salt, no anti-caking agent etc. The cardboard tubes of salt are quite cheap and last ages -tesco/sainsburys do them for less than £1.As for water, I filter and boil it first (though the filtering is because the water down here tastes weird). What I do is get a small glass/ceramic (240ml) jug/cup. Just over half fill it with boiled water and a 1/4-1/2 teaspoon of salt. And let it cool. Then, when I do a rinse, I top the jug up with freshly boiled water so that the mixture is the right temperature. And do the rinse with that. Remember to half-refill the jug with boiled water and salt again - ready for the next rinse. This way there is no waiting around for the mixture to cool to the right temperature.

Thank you im going to try that out on him
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants