Groups

HOPEFULLY going to trade in my car tommorow help

car is an 08 hyundia i10

trading in against a brand new i20 £8500

my car has done 31000 miles serviced since new

i still have around £3700 owing on car and it has a few scratches on it tho no bumps

paid for glasses valuation and got

Trade in - excellent: £ 4,281.00
    Trade in - average: £ 3,850.00
    Trade in - below average: £ 3,401.00
    Dealer Retail price £ 5,410.00
    Private Sale price: £ 4,670.00

its obviously not excelent but dont recon below average at all

guy said book price with glass was £4000(without seeing it)
    but that doesnt tie in with results ive paid for

what should i be aiming for as some sort of deal?

5 Comments

Original Poster

forgot to add he now offering £3500 on my car tho i think its worth more considering im taking a new 8.5k car off them

First thing... you should of asked here for a link to a FREE Glass Guide quote (I have the link if still required.)

Second, aim for the £4k figure, and if they offer any less, aim to get the difference knocked off the new car in question.

jamstaruk1972

forgot to add he now offering £3500 on my car tho i think its worth more … forgot to add he now offering £3500 on my car tho i think its worth more considering im taking a new 8.5k car off them

My nan traded in her old suzuki swift for a new i20 and she got more than that for it!

Garages work on around 12,000 miles pa so yours is slightly over for a 2 yr old car, also it's not immaculate so he is going to offer you less than top price, judging by your description it would probably be about right at £3600 - £3800, so it's really all down to your haggling skills. If you cant get more as a trade-in price, try to get extras on the new car such as mats, a free first service, light protectors etc to bump up the value you are getting. It's easier for them to justify this than to show they've paid over the odds for a trade-in on their paperwork.
    Edited by: "vraptorchick" 9th Nov 2010

Original Poster

thanks so far for advice guys all very much appreciated

yes car has done a little over 12,000 p.a but has 2.5 years warranty left on it
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …4141835
      2. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846341
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764645
      4. Sonos says let us spy or your stereo will not work44

See more discussions