HORI Split Pad Pro - Nintendo Switch controllers £44.99 @ Amazon

Posted 19th Sep
Just released in the US and getting very good reviews so far. They're due out over here around 1st October.

Great for us blokes with big hands

theverge.com/201…iew

• Full-size controller experience in handheld mode
  • larger grip, buttons, triggers, analog sticks, and D-pad
  • programmable rear buttons, Turbo, Assignable buttons, and more
  • daemon x Machina Branding & accents
  • Officially licensed by Nintendo
Community Updates

Groups

23 Comments
I’m interested, I get cramp playing with the normal ones and I don’t even have particularly big hands
These look brilliant, proper dpad and the right stick is outta the way. Defo getting this
mango.carrot19/09/2019 13:15

I’m interested, I get cramp playing with the normal ones and I don’t even h …I’m interested, I get cramp playing with the normal ones and I don’t even have particularly big hands

Have you considered purchasing a grip?
I was interested in these but they are just unbearably ugly.
Do they add battery life too?

Just seen it does not, what a wasted opportunity. They should have stuck some batteries in too to extend the battery of the console in handheld. This would have been day 1 if so!
Edited by: "SDLiam" 19th Sep
SDLiam19/09/2019 13:18

Do they add battery life too?

no, no addtioanl battery, no NFC, no gyro, and no rumble (i think)
zeppovendetta19/09/2019 13:17

I was interested in these but they are just unbearably ugly.

Ugly? Don't look at them then. What do you want, pink ribbons and glitter
ThePointyEnd19/09/2019 13:23

Do you use one ?

yeah, I use the ugreen one. Works out cheaper than buying the above unless you want the d-pad.
I was tempted by these, but a couple things are stopping me from clicking that buy button:
1. No internal battery, so can only play in handheld mode
2. No motors, so no vibration/feedback
3. No gyroscopes, so can't use motion control elements in a few games that use them.
If they add those in a v2.0, then I'd definitely buy. They'll still suit some people's needs though.
mastermjr2004119/09/2019 13:27

yeah, I use the ugreen one. Works out cheaper than buying the above unless …yeah, I use the ugreen one. Works out cheaper than buying the above unless you want the d-pad.

Thanks will take a look.
Can recommend the Vivefox Ergonomic Switch Charging Case grip from amazon. Heat given for this op
Edited by: "michaeldvi" 19th Sep
mastermjr2004119/09/2019 13:27

yeah, I use the ugreen one. Works out cheaper than buying the above unless …yeah, I use the ugreen one. Works out cheaper than buying the above unless you want the d-pad.

This the one you're referring to mate - I'm looking for a decent one - few random ones on amazon

Thanks

amazon.co.uk/UGR…orr
daver7719/09/2019 13:26

Ugly? Don't look at them then. What do you want, pink ribbons and glitter …Ugly? Don't look at them then. What do you want, pink ribbons and glitter

Haha, they are just a bit tacky. Plus they make the Switch look gigantic and they protrude past the lip of the screen a lot, just looks a mess.
Pigog58719/09/2019 13:27

I was tempted by these, but a couple things are stopping me from clicking …I was tempted by these, but a couple things are stopping me from clicking that buy button:1. No internal battery, so can only play in handheld mode2. No motors, so no vibration/feedback3. No gyroscopes, so can't use motion control elements in a few games that use them.If they add those in a v2.0, then I'd definitely buy. They'll still suit some people's needs though.

The Switch itself has a gyroscope inside it. You don’t need it inside the controllers unless you’re playing it without them attached.
sohailh198419/09/2019 13:32

This the one you're referring to mate - I'm looking for a decent one - few …This the one you're referring to mate - I'm looking for a decent one - few random ones on amazonThankshttps://www.amazon.co.uk/UGREEN-Protective-Comfortable-Protector-Transparent-Black/dp/B07GQPF13L/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=ugreen+switch+grip&qid=1568896259&s=electronics&sr=1-1-catcorr

Hi sorry for the late reply, didn't even realise you had commented. Yes, that is the one. Only negative is that it doesnt dock well even though it says it can, but if you play mostly in handheld then it's not a big hindrance. Easy enough for me to remove from the switch with ease.
ThePointyEnd19/09/2019 13:43

Anybody used this one ? …Anybody used this one ? https://www.amazon.co.uk/ORZLY®-Comfort-Grip-Nintendo-Switch/dp/B077TZGGCF/

Looks good, it's worth a shot at £8.99.
mastermjr2004119/09/2019 19:46

Hi sorry for the late reply, didn't even realise you had commented. Yes, …Hi sorry for the late reply, didn't even realise you had commented. Yes, that is the one. Only negative is that it doesnt dock well even though it says it can, but if you play mostly in handheld then it's not a big hindrance. Easy enough for me to remove from the switch with ease.

Ah no worries at all mate - appreciate the reply - ended up going with a Orzly one after seeing a few reviews and YouTube videos which should hopefully arrive tomorrow
sohailh198419/09/2019 19:48

Ah no worries at all mate - appreciate the reply - ended up going with a …Ah no worries at all mate - appreciate the reply - ended up going with a Orzly one after seeing a few reviews and YouTube videos which should hopefully arrive tomorrow

Nice, well as long as it gives you a better experience then that is all that matters! It should increase the comfort levels whilst playing in handheld.
Edited by: "mastermjr20041" 19th Sep
ThePointyEnd19/09/2019 13:43

Anybody used this one ? …Anybody used this one ? https://www.amazon.co.uk/ORZLY®-Comfort-Grip-Nintendo-Switch/dp/B077TZGGCF/

I've got this one, makes it more comfortable but not ideal. I've stopped playing Astral Chain because the joy cons aren't providing a good experience. I've pre-ordered these new ones from Amazon. I've seen a few hands on video's who said they make a good difference.
I really want these, but I can't find a case that'll hold the console with them attached. Anyone got any ideas?
I will say that I bought this a while back - when it was still on kickstarter (or whatever platform it was) - and it's an excellent case. I don't get claw - ache when playing monster hunter for hours on this. 30mins on the regular console and I do.

amazon.com/Sku…8-1

Don't but the version on the UK amazon site - it doesn't include the carry case (or do if you don't mind I guess - it's quite a bit cheaper):
amazon.co.uk/Sku…c=1
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants