Horizon Zero Dawn Frozen Wilds releasing on November 7th!!!

Found 7th Aug 2017Edited by:"Deadpooled"
Guerilla Games are staking their claim for the Game of the Year awards with Horizon Zero Dawn's first DLC pack the Frozen Wilds, releasing on November 7th, and will be superior to anything that new 'hardware' releasing on the same day will ever pull out for a very long time.

Currently £14.39 for PS+ users on PS Store, or £15.99 for everyone else store.playstation.com/
£15 PSN top up cards are currently £13.99 at CDKeys (don't forget the 5% off Facebook 'like' code) cdkeys.com/pla…rds

Edit - And of course the Zelda fangirls inferiority complexes kicked in after seeing the word "Horizon", defending a game which if it was not named "Zelda" it would be receiving scores of 7/10 at best instead of the overrated overinflated 10's by the many paid fangirling reviewers. Only a few reviewers like Jim Sterling had the balls to tell the truth (http://www.thejimquisition.com/the-legend-of-zelda-breath-of-the-wild-review/) but got hounded by these disgraceful fangirls. BotW is a far inferior open world game even to the likes of Skyrim, Witcher and also Ocarina of Time. [Rant to shut up these harpie Nintendo fangirls over
Community Updates
Misc
Top comments
Well that escalated quickly. It must have been one of the best received PS4 titles this year. If it's anything like the base game, I am sure it will be a hit.

If you don't play PS4, bore off. I'm sure you would all get your pitchforks out if I behaved in such a way in the Nintendo or Xbox threads.
Edited by: "MSK." 8th Aug 2017
43 Comments
You must work for Guerilla Games to be so certain that it will be superior to anything that 'new hardware' will ever pull out for along time...

I personally haven't seen this running on PS Pro (cause it isn't out yet) or anything running on the (badly named) xbox one x (mainly cause it er... isn't out yet).

When I was little people like you used to have an uncle that had played Sonic The Hedgehog 12...and completed it.
Original Poster
Flodd27 m ago

You must work for Guerilla Games to be so certain that it will be superior …You must work for Guerilla Games to be so certain that it will be superior to anything that 'new hardware' will ever pull out for along time...I personally haven't seen this running on PS Pro (cause it isn't out yet) or anything running on the (badly named) xbox one x (mainly cause it er... isn't out yet).When I was little people like you used to have an uncle that had played Sonic The Hedgehog 12...and completed it.

Come back when anything on that Xbone X matches or surpasses Horizon Zero Dawn, I suspect I'll be waiting for a long while after November 7th as Horizon rakes in the Game of the Year awards.
hass12319 m ago

Come back when anything on that Xbone X matches or surpasses Horizon Zero …Come back when anything on that Xbone X matches or surpasses Horizon Zero Dawn, I suspect I'll be waiting for a long while after November 7th as Horizon rakes in the Game of the Year awards.

Rather play Zelda BOTW thanks at least its fun
It's a long year and I would put Zelda and PU:Battlegrounds ahead so far. Still have Mario, Wolfenstein 2 and Destiny 2 yet to name a few
hass12340 m ago

Come back when anything on that Xbone X matches or surpasses Horizon Zero …Come back when anything on that Xbone X matches or surpasses Horizon Zero Dawn, I suspect I'll be waiting for a long while after November 7th as Horizon rakes in the Game of the Year awards.

I don't need to... I'll be enjoying Horizon upscaled for the pro. I just don't understand why children get so worked up about games consoles?
£14.39 feels a little pricey, but of course we don't yet know how substantial this expansion will be. I'll certainly be playing this at some point, though. Horizon is up there among my top three games of the year, probably second after Zelda (Hollow Knight coming in third, for now).
I'm on the last mission of Horizon Zero Dawn and I am glad it will soon be over. It's not a bad game but it's very tedious. Also the storyline gets itself tangled up and makes no sense at times.
Haven't bothered with side missions as the main game is repetitive enough!
It looks lovely but that does not make a game good in itself.
Flodd13 h, 5 m ago

I don't need to... I'll be enjoying Horizon upscaled for the pro. I just …I don't need to... I'll be enjoying Horizon upscaled for the pro. I just don't understand why children get so worked up about games consoles?

Honestly i don't understand all this hardware upgrades rubbish, they are killing gaming with greed, its sad that the only thing that matters is graphics and given the avarage dev time that shareholders will put up with it means looks take priority over content.

Not just in terms of time but also resources if you think about it, all that processing power used for graphics would be better placed on A.I, in a world where online A.Is had to be shut down because they developed their own language and were talking to each other in it and their creators at Google or Facebook can't remember who it was, didn't have a clue what they were chatting about. We still have NPCs getting stuck in scenery and walking into trees.
Well that escalated quickly. It must have been one of the best received PS4 titles this year. If it's anything like the base game, I am sure it will be a hit.

If you don't play PS4, bore off. I'm sure you would all get your pitchforks out if I behaved in such a way in the Nintendo or Xbox threads.
Flodd2 h, 31 m ago

You could probably check my purchase history on here if you really …You could probably check my purchase history on here if you really bothered that much.FWIW - I won't be a day one adopter for Xbox one x, Sony saw paid to that by convincing me I needed a vita (possibly the biggest white elephant in the world), ps vr, which much as I tried to convince myself it wasnt a gimmick... is a gimmick and a ps4 Pro for which I genuinely can't see the difference between that and the original ps4... I do own a a switch too but that doesn't get really played as I'm crap at zelda and I can't be bothered with Mario kart. My consoles do live in perfect harmony though. Side by side on my Piano keyboard... err tv unit... I can show you a picture if you like?

Whats the problem with zelda? need any tips.

I've got Wiiu i don't see any point is switch at this moment in time, and a xbox one. Plus Everything else pretty much going back to Mega drive. I don't see the point in owning a ps4 its too similar to xbox one, Vita well I've got like 12 games for it and if it has homebrew which i expect it'll get use, thats what alleviated the shafting of the PSP, i will not buy a third sony handheld tho they lack commitment to their products.
Flodd11 m ago

You might be right if this were the mongtard infested waters of Neogaf... …You might be right if this were the mongtard infested waters of Neogaf... As it stands it's a shopping forum inhabited by adults in the majority.I quite enjoy Horizon, though I won't pretend to have played it extensively, I didn't enjoy Zelda it was too hard and I couldn't be bothered with all the crafting of food and the fragile weaponry irritated me.I've never understood why people pledge blind allegiance to a games console? Surely competition is only a good thing? I've just renewed psplus for the first time in over two years as it looks like Sony are getting their act together on the free games again.. that wouldn't have happened if hadn't been for the constant pressure applied by MS over the last 12 months with their games with gold offerings.Back to the original thread for a minute though... if you're comparing a game you haven't played, to a game you haven't played, on a console that hasn't seen light of yet, there's little hope for you? and people wonder why gamers get such a hard time for emotionally immature....Actually... one last thing. Picking up on what Error said earlier, it would be nice to see the extra grunt being used for innovative gameplay rather than just shiner graphics, I think were at the point now where Forza and GT are pretty much photo realistic... where's the next innovation coming from?

Who's pledging allegiance? it's PS4 exclusive game and I know full well some in this thread don't own and never will own a PS4. So what's the point of those people doing it down exactly?

Nice wall of text though ¯\_(- -)_/¯

As for innovation, was a new virtual reality platform not enough? Or was it just not your kind of innovation.
MSK.8 m ago

Who's pledging allegiance? it's PS4 exclusive game and I know full well …Who's pledging allegiance? it's PS4 exclusive game and I know full well some in this thread don't own and never will own a PS4. So what's the point of those people doing it down exactly?Nice wall of text though ¯\_(- -)_/¯As for innovation, was a new virtual reality platform not enough? Or was it just not your kind of innovation.

Why would anybody claim to own a piece of electronics that they don't? It's sub £200... you spend more on a pair of trainers....

Who's doing it down? It's been compared to Zelda on the basis that they're both 3rd person adventure games released at a similar time, that aside there's very little to connect them, certainly in turns of style and tone.

Fair point... VR is innovative, I have to give you that... I must get round to giving farpoint a go, if nothing else so I can sell the sodding thing (the gun) while it's holding its value.
Flodd3 m ago

Why would anybody claim to own a piece of electronics that they don't? …Why would anybody claim to own a piece of electronics that they don't? It's sub £200... you spend more on a pair of trainers....Who's doing it down? It's been compared to Zelda on the basis that they're both 3rd person adventure games released at a similar time, that aside there's very little to connect them, certainly in turns of style and tone.Fair point... VR is innovative, I have to give you that... I must get round to giving farpoint a go, if nothing else so I can sell the sodding thing (the gun) while it's holding its value.

He was moaning about game of the year awards and all that rubbish, nope that's zelda, its groundbreaking.
Repeat after me...

I (state your name) pledge allegiance to the Sony frat house.
Andy@XCite45 m ago

Repeat after me...I (state your name) pledge allegiance to the Sony frat …Repeat after me...I (state your name) pledge allegiance to the Sony frat house.[Video]

I bet Belushi was pished for real in that scene.
Flodd58 m ago

Why would anybody claim to own a piece of electronics that they don't? …Why would anybody claim to own a piece of electronics that they don't? It's sub £200... you spend more on a pair of trainers....Who's doing it down? It's been compared to Zelda on the basis that they're both 3rd person adventure games released at a similar time, that aside there's very little to connect them, certainly in turns of style and tone.Fair point... VR is innovative, I have to give you that... I must get round to giving farpoint a go, if nothing else so I can sell the sodding thing (the gun) while it's holding its value.

I wasn't actually meaning you were the one who doesn't own a PS4. I know you own a PS4.

Probably best to do it in the next week or so, places are starting to be sporadically restocked with Farpoint bundles. It's also started to go on sale in some countries alone. You probably still just about have time.
fanpages10 m ago

I bet Belushi was pished for real in that scene.

Off topic but the best "drunk" performance i did ever see was the guy in my avatar in the seven samurai.
MSK.25 m ago

I wasn't actually meaning you were the one who doesn't own a PS4. I know …I wasn't actually meaning you were the one who doesn't own a PS4. I know you own a PS4.Probably best to do it in the next week or so, places are starting to be sporadically restocked with Farpoint bundles. It's also started to go on sale in some countries alone. You probably still just about have time.

Have time? You've never seen me play video games!
Original Poster
Error4403 h, 4 m ago

He was moaning about game of the year awards and all that rubbish, nope …He was moaning about game of the year awards and all that rubbish, nope that's zelda, its groundbreaking.

Hahahaha no. Horizon and Persona 5 are well ahead of that kids game.
31649203-QjkKd.jpg
Original Poster
Error4403 m ago

[Image]

Sega does what Nintendon't
hass1235 h, 58 m ago

Zelda is for kids, so typical for little prepubes like you

All video games are for kids, even GTA.
catbeans7 h, 30 m ago

All video games are for kids, even GTA.

Especially GTA, whats more childish then profanity and gratuitous violence, its a school simulator scaled up to how the school kids would behave if the whole world was the school at lunchtime.
Original Poster
Error4401 h, 18 m ago

Especially GTA, whats more childish then profanity and gratuitous …Especially GTA, whats more childish then profanity and gratuitous violence, its a school simulator scaled up to how the school kids would behave if the whole world was the school at lunchtime.

Rockstar did make such a game, it was called Bully
Came to discuss Horizon, really don't want to after reading some of these comments. Grow up.
Error44019 h, 56 m ago

Off topic but the best "drunk" performance i did ever see was the guy in …Off topic but the best "drunk" performance i did ever see was the guy in my avatar in the seven samurai.

What about Ollie Reed on Aspel?
Edited by: "deeky" 9th Aug 2017
deeky5 h, 11 m ago

What about Ollie Reed on Aspel?

That was definitely not acting
Error4407 m ago

That was definitely not acting

He said performance in the comment I quoted. Stop picnicking
deeky1 m ago

He said performance in the comment I quoted. Stop picnicking

I thought he meant a deliberate performance
Error4402 m ago

I thought he meant a deliberate performance

Ollie used to get deliberately drunk. Nobody could get so drunk so often accidentally.

Anyway, it's before you're time kiddo
deeky8 m ago

Ollie used to get deliberately drunk. Nobody could get so drunk so often …Ollie used to get deliberately drunk. Nobody could get so drunk so often accidentally.Anyway, it's before you're time kiddo

Watch seven samurai
Error4403 m ago

You try my recipe, I'll watch seven samurai
deeky1 m ago

You try my recipe, I'll watch seven samurai

Beating eggs is a faff
Error44024 m ago

Watch seven samurai

"Oliver Reed" wasn't in that.

He wasn't in this either...

31658057-ExEfk.jpg
Error4405 m ago

Beating eggs is a faff

How long is seven samurai?

3h 27m? You're having a giraffe ain't you?
deeky1 m ago

How long is seven samurai?

3 and a half hours
Error44045 s ago

3 and a half hours

^^^
Error4406 m ago

3 and a half hours

It feels a lot longer when you sit through it.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions