Horlicks tablets... What do you miss?

Posted 23rd Feb
I could really do with a tube of Horlicks tablets right now. I used to get them from Boots in the 80s, can't even remember when I no longer could get them...

What do you miss that you can't buy anymore?
Community Updates
Misc
26 Comments
Free milk in school and carefree days
Not a worry in the world
Not a cloud in the sky
Where did it all go?
Cinnamon tic tacs
Old english spangals
And my mums fried cheese
Never heard of Horlicks tablets.

Lets have a think...

Cider lollies.
Chips in newspaper
A chocolate cake bar called 'Yes'. Could only buy it from the little newsagents opposite the local library back in the day. Mmmmmm
And all for 25p!
Nutty Bar. Texan. Pacers. Toffee Treets (not sure if there's an M&Ms version, don't like most M&Ms). Aztec (though I only remember the year 2000 reissue). And Wham Bars when they were the size of your forearm
Buying pop without sugar tax
Acid, I know you can still get it allegedly but the older you get the more impossible to find...
Fry’s five centre.
Cresta ( it's frothy man'). Dentyne gum (the modern stuff is nothing like the original). Mars bars (again the modern ones are so tame compared to the original ones. What have they done to the chocolate, it's like five year old plasticine - bland and greasy).
Tolly Cobbold cobnut beer. I was told it's recipe was sold when the brewery closed down and it's my life's ambition to find who makes it now and under what name - by trial and error of course. All in the name of science. It's a horrible job, but someone 'has'to do it.
Owbridge's Cough Mixture
turkey twizzlers

bl**dy jamie oliver
Leaded petrol.
xenophon23/02/2020 23:58

Never heard of Horlicks tablets. (skeptical)Lets have a think...Cider …Never heard of Horlicks tablets. (skeptical)Lets have a think...Cider lollies.

They still sell these?
Ringfinger24/02/2020 06:28

Cresta ( it's frothy man'). Dentyne gum (the modern stuff is nothing like …Cresta ( it's frothy man'). Dentyne gum (the modern stuff is nothing like the original). Mars bars (again the modern ones are so tame compared to the original ones. What have they done to the chocolate, it's like five year old plasticine - bland and greasy). Tolly Cobbold cobnut beer. I was told it's recipe was sold when the brewery closed down and it's my life's ambition to find who makes it now and under what name - by trial and error of course. All in the name of science. It's a horrible job, but someone 'has'to do it.

Have you tried the Aldi version of a Mars bar. I think they are closer to what a Mars bar used to be.
They are closer, but the originals in the folded wrapper had chocolate that used to 'snap' when you bit it and the caramel was lovely and gooey. The one now are more like a milky way in consistency.
You still get Horlicks. Costs about £4 and a cuppa before bed gives me a good night's sleep.
zworld24/02/2020 10:45

You still get Horlicks. Costs about £4 and a cuppa before bed gives me a …You still get Horlicks. Costs about £4 and a cuppa before bed gives me a good night's sleep.

Yeh but that's a powder to make a drink I'm talking about actual tablets.
_Rappy_23/02/2020 23:45

Old english spangals

I used to love these and forgotten about them. Thanks for the memory. If my memory serves me right Spangles came back a few years ago but don't know if they're still around.
Ribena gums (not sure if called gums as in fruit gums) which were around in the early sixties.
RawMukky24/02/2020 09:39

They still sell these?

You tell me. As far as I know they don't hence the reason I mentioned them but maybe they do.
39978016-p3MCA.jpg
And my wifes funbags
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Discussions

Top Merchants