Horror films - What's your favourite?

40 replies
Found 13th May 2008
I love a good horror film and i've seen quite a few in my time (i'm not old - just watch them alot).
Know any good ones worth watching that I might not have seen yet?

Go on, scare me - i'm waiting!!
(i've got my pillow ready to hide behind)

40 Comments

horror films dont scare me (not tryin to be an ard' nut) lol but they dont, unless anyone can recommend anything that could...

videodrome, its not so much a horror but its great - by david Cronemberg

quote horror films dont scare me (not tryin to be an ard' nut) lol but they dont, unless anyone can recommend anything that could...

hmv.co.uk/hmv…053

checkout this, been 3 times now.
Probably the scariest thing in the world, second to actually being in the film.... halloweenhorrornights.com/ trust me in real life this is so intense

The Cottage is funny and worth watching.

i think a lot of the time its just the gore and stuff doesnt phase me. lol for example these was a program called kill it cook it eat it on bbc3 a couple of months back about killing certain animals. mostly young types for rare meat like veal etc and i actually found it fascinating to see animals be stunned and to see there throat slit (obviously some people on this forum wont agree with this but imo i love to find out where the meat i eat comes from)
so bearing that in mind seeing someones head get cut off in a film is just like meh

masterruckus;2089491

quote horror films dont scare me (not tryin to be an ard' nut) lol but … quote horror films dont scare me (not tryin to be an ard' nut) lol but they dont, unless anyone can recommend anything that could...http://www.hmv.co.uk/hmvweb/displayProductDetails.do?ctx=285;5;-1;-1&sku=290053

gives me the creeps:whistling:

masterruckus;2089491

quote horror films dont scare me (not tryin to be an ard' nut) lol but … quote horror films dont scare me (not tryin to be an ard' nut) lol but they dont, unless anyone can recommend anything that could...http://www.hmv.co.uk/hmvweb/displayProductDetails.do?ctx=285;5;-1;-1&sku=290053

omg that scared the sh*t outa me

masterruckus;2089491

haha lmao

so hard to chose -
Sleepy Hollow, Pans Labyrinth, 28 Days Later...

Original Poster

masterruckus;2089491

http://www.gfxzone.org/theme/8_bit/07/pixel-scared.png

however 28 days later is an awesome film love it when he is just walking around london and there is no one around.

surfer90;2089522

so hard to chose - Sleepy Hollow, Pans Labyrinth, 28 Days Later...

weeks is better!

REDRANGER86;2089489

videodrome, its not so much a horror but its great - by david Cronemberg

excellent film, classic old school cronenberg. gotta love Rabid as well.

Freakshow is a dodgy movie, but has a pretty nasty ending were they make a girl into a freak!

Japanese horror films are generally the way to go, as they understand the concept of suspense more.

Personally im more of a Zombie man ;-)

Original Poster

stratomaster;2089500

checkout this, been 3 times now.Probably the scariest thing in the world, … checkout this, been 3 times now.Probably the scariest thing in the world, second to actually being in the film.... http://www.halloweenhorrornights.com/ trust me in real life this is so intense

Bit more expensive than a dvd though :whistling: Buy me a ticket & i'm there:thumbsup:

numptyj;2089551

however 28 days later is an awesome film love it when he is just walking … however 28 days later is an awesome film love it when he is just walking around london and there is no one around.

that was a good film, was trying to think of the last gross film i watched and that was it! :santa:

masterruckus;2089560

that was a good film, was trying to think of the last gross film i … that was a good film, was trying to think of the last gross film i watched and that was it! :santa:

rambo 4 was pretty sweet on being 'gross' well its got a lot of gore which is coool

numptyj;2089567

rambo 4 was pretty sweet on being 'gross' well its got a lot of gore … rambo 4 was pretty sweet on being 'gross' well its got a lot of gore which is coool

I just watched rambo 3 and that was the best so far and i have rambo 4 coming soon, cant wait

masterruckus;2089571

I just watched rambo 3 and that was the best so far and i have rambo 4 … I just watched rambo 3 and that was the best so far and i have rambo 4 coming soon, cant wait

Rambo 4 is awesome enjoy watching it!

Original Poster

masterruckus;2089560

that was a good film, was trying to think of the last gross film i … that was a good film, was trying to think of the last gross film i watched and that was it! :santa:

Hostel was quite gross imo but not scary.
There is a big difference.

Original Poster

Rambo films arn't horror!
Then again, anything with Sly Stallone is well scary (second only to his mum)

cassieismydoggie;2089576

Hostel was quite gross imo but not scary.There is a big difference.

ye true
u can have a lot of films which have like "AGH" moments where someone jumps out when its quiet which can get a reaction from people

cassieismydoggie;2089581

Rambo films arn't horror!Then again, anything with Sly Stallone is well … Rambo films arn't horror!Then again, anything with Sly Stallone is well scary (second only to his mum)

:O
stallone is a legend hes such a beast love the rocky films, but they're not horror either

Salems Lot has some freaky bits. Thinking of the window scratching scene and when the master pops up out of the coffin.

Watched The Orphanage last week it's spanish with subtitles but after a bit you don't notice, that was ok, also got The eye and Awake to watch yet .

A japanese film called Audition, check it out.

EDIT: Another asian film called 'The Eye' is knicker changingly scary. Another great film that had the pooptastic hollywood shuffle.

leefal;2089707

A japanese film called Audition, check it out.

Auditon is brilliant! but then i am a bit of a miike fan. I would recommend Gozu, Dead or Alive Trilogy and The Happiness of the Katakuris is you fancy a very odd japanese musical. Ichi the killer is reasonably good as well, certainly very gory!

If you want crazy japanese films then go for Tetsuo and Electric Dragon, not really horror but both amazing!

big_jim83;2089749

Auditon is brilliant! but then i am a bit of a miike fan. I would … Auditon is brilliant! but then i am a bit of a miike fan. I would recommend Gozu, Dead or Alive Trilogy and The Happiness of the Katakuris is you fancy a very odd japanese musical. Ichi the killer is reasonably good as well, certainly very gory!If you want crazy japanese films then go for Tetsuo and Electric Dragon, not really horror but both amazing!

Aww man! the weather is too darn good to dust down the old dvds! Stop it!

big_jim83;2089749

Auditon is brilliant! but then i am a bit of a miike fan. I would … Auditon is brilliant! but then i am a bit of a miike fan. I would recommend Gozu, Dead or Alive Trilogy and The Happiness of the Katakuris is you fancy a very odd japanese musical. Ichi the killer is reasonably good as well, certainly very gory!If you want crazy japanese films then go for Tetsuo and Electric Dragon, not really horror but both amazing!

All good films :thumbsup:

Another very crazy Japanese comedy/horror is ]Survive Style 5+, it's even got Vinnie Jones in it as a hitman:w00t:

leefal;2089761

Aww man! the weather is too darn good to dust down the old dvds! Stop it!

haha i know the feeling but the temptation of something totally abstract and absurd is always strong. Might have to watch a few short films to stem the desire, maybe some Svankmajer will do it!

barneydog;2089790

Another very crazy Japanese comedy/horror is ]Survive Style 5+, it's even … Another very crazy Japanese comedy/horror is ]Survive Style 5+, it's even got Vinnie Jones in it as a hitman:w00t:

yeah very odd but pretty cool. but for japanese comedy the best has to be Wild Zero. zombies aliens and rock n roll what a combination!

big_jim83;2089806

yeah very odd but pretty cool. but for japanese comedy the best has to be … yeah very odd but pretty cool. but for japanese comedy the best has to be Wild Zero. zombies aliens and rock n roll what a combination!

I haven't seen that one yet, it looks good I'll have to get it, thanks :thumbsup::)

I love the quotes on the IMDb

Wild Zero is equal parts Rock-N-Roll High School, Plan 9 from Outer … Wild Zero is equal parts Rock-N-Roll High School, Plan 9 from Outer Space, and Night of the Living Dead. It boasts an amazing soundtrack (equal parts Japanese and American bands), a cast that is long on "cool" and short on Oscar potential (just like a B-movie should be), and an excellent mix of camp and schlock horror.

If you've watched it and didn't get it, watch it again, but this time … If you've watched it and didn't get it, watch it again, but this time turn the volume UP! and drink more beer! This movie is not suitable for fans of Kenny G, Right Wing Republicans, and people who avidly follow the advice of Martha Stewart.

If you go for the wild zero region 1 dvd it has a drinking game including as a sepcial feature, apparently its impossible to make it all the way through! haha

Is and always will be the scariest film ever....

THE EXORCIST

http://www.writingcave.com/graphics/exorcist.jpg

badmanmeow;2090196

Is and always will be the scariest film ever....THE EXORCIST

I see your Exorcist and raise you, The Omen:p

http://www.best-horror-movies.com/image-files/the-omen-damien-crosses.jpg

Banned

badmanmeow;2090196

I'm with you there mate! :thumbsup:

Original Poster

badmanmeow;2090196

How did you get that picture of me??:x

Will have to agree with Shengis - The Omen (the first one) beats Exorcist (only just mind).

Original Poster

Amityville was good first time round but been on tv too many times now to have any effect.
Was thinking of watching The Eye before the remake comes out. Why is it the Japs make good horror films?

cassieismydoggie;2090875

Why is it the Japs make good horror films?

i think its because they have a better idea of suspense and the films are a bit stranger so less predictible, unlike alot of hollywood films tend to be. but some people may find the japanese films slow as there isnt someone dying every 2 minutes

also i find the actors can portray terror/fear alot better than others, some american actors just look a little bit worried if people are trying to kill them

i'm not a huge fan of the ring but if you compare the different versions the japanese one is far far superior. same with most american remakes of asian cinema , like the departed and infernal affairs.

not really horrors films but i would definately recommend the vengeance trilogy (sympathy for mr vengeance, oldboy and sympathy for lady vengeance)

The Changeling is good, ya need to watch it on your own with the lights off ;-)
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Smacking children is to be banned in Scotland3280
    2. Xbox One - Buying from Other Regions *WITHOUT* A VPN (Virtual Private Netwo…1951381
    3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769376
    4. *** Weekly game codes giveaway 191 ***1327

See more discussions