Groups

Horse racing help?

i put a bet on of £2 each way ( so i payed £4 to the bookies) and my odds where 16/1 on a horse. The horse came in fourth how much would i win
    i cant find it anywhere and i dont no how to work them bet calculators
    many thanks

14 Comments

Original Poster

ukmonkey;4622353

£16 plus your bet

are you sure because it came fourth? and it was only 2 pound each way?

Banned

you get £8 back

yes sorry you get £8 a quater of your winnings

Right, let me see...

You'd get quarter of the odds for 4th, aslong as they were paying 4 places which I would imagine they were if it was a big race.

So you'd get 4/1 but you'd lose one of your £2 because it was only placed.

So thats 4/1 at £2 which is £8 then your £2 back so £10 altogether.

If it were a handicap with 16 or more runners your return would be £10. Quarter of the odds plus the place part of your stake back.:thumbsup:

Banned

AshleyRFC;4622396

Right, let me see...You'd get quarter of the odds for 4th, aslong as they … Right, let me see...You'd get quarter of the odds for 4th, aslong as they were paying 4 places which I would imagine they were if it was a big race.So you'd get 4/1 but you'd lose one of your £2 because it was only placed.So thats 4/1 at £2 which is £8 then your £2 back so £10 altogether.

are you sure you get your stake back on a place?

goldmax;4622443

are you sure you get your stake back on a place?

Yep, he only gets half it back tho cos it was only placed. If he had of won he woulda got the full £4 back.

Original Poster

it was the 4.40 at cheltnem today and i put it on in ladbrokes will they do it?

stevey_p7;4622470

it was the 4.40 at cheltnem today and i put it on in ladbrokes will they … it was the 4.40 at cheltnem today and i put it on in ladbrokes will they do it?

Yeah.

If anyone uses a voucher out of the the various papers you dont get any stake back for the amount of the voucher.

antony4462;4622559

If anyone uses a voucher out of the the various papers you dont get any … If anyone uses a voucher out of the the various papers you dont get any stake back for the amount of the voucher.

you do at william hill :thumbsup:

Original Poster

thanks for all your help and i will collect the money tomorrow thanks

Did the Itrip arrive? And more importantly - did it work???
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047107
      2. Has anyone purchased tickets from ViaGoGo or Seatwave? 138255
      3. What do you feel like whinging about today?1927359
      4. love affairs1344

See more discussions