Unfortunately, this discussion is no longer valid
Expired

Hose connectors

Posted 31st Mar
Are brass worth the expense over plastic ones? What are a decent brand? My last end connector snapped off my K2 karcher so looking to replace the bit on the karcher and all the hose connectors on my pipe.
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

17 Comments
I got these from asda about 5 years ago for £4 (I know it's saying £8 now) ... Still like new

groceries.asda.com/pro…469
Rune_2H31/03/2020 21:09

Comment deleted

I think you need a Karcher part, you need a small gauge screw on connector not the clip on type.
Is your Karcher less than 2 years old? They have a 2 year warranty. When my pressure washer failed they sent a complete replacement. They might even be nice and send a free part, email them a detailed photo of the broken item.
That looks like the right connector, although when you said it ‘snapped’, which part snapped? If it was the threaded section that this part fits onto then a new part likely won’t fit. Obviously if it was just this part that snapped then crack on
Edited by: "Diggsy" 31st Mar
Rune_2H31/03/2020 21:22

Comment deleted

OP's photo shows the high pressure connection not the low pressure inlet one. Hence why I think its the small gauge connector that's needed, not the quick release one as you show
Where is the piece that broke off? Can you check it to be sure?
harrythefish31/03/2020 21:28

OP's photo shows the high pressure connection not the low pressure inlet …OP's photo shows the high pressure connection not the low pressure inlet one. Hence why I think its the small gauge connector that's needed, not the quick release one as you show

Pretty sure the OPs photo is the low pressure connector, look at this stock pic...

40243333.jpg
I've been using plastic version for 2 yrs now and no issues.
Rune_2H31/03/2020 21:29

Comment deleted

Just a thought - are you sure it snapped off and hasn’t just came loose and twisted off?
Just went out to have a look at my own Karcher and you’re right, it’s a standard Hoselock style connector. See just below where I’ve taken my connector off. Even Aldi has been selling these.

40243452.jpg

Diggsy31/03/2020 21:31

Pretty sure the OPs photo is the low pressure connector, look at this …Pretty sure the OPs photo is the low pressure connector, look at this stock pic...[Image]

Edited by: "harrythefish" 31st Mar
harrythefish31/03/2020 21:43

Just went out to have a look at my own Karcher and you’re right, it’s a sta …Just went out to have a look at my own Karcher and you’re right, it’s a standard Hoselock style connector. Even Aldi has been selling these. [Image]

Nice one! Looking at that, the OP simply needs a big standard tap connector then and should be good to go!
Rune_2H31/03/2020 21:41

Comment deleted

Your pic looks pretty much identical to harrythefish above. That being the case it’s an easy fix and inexpensive part that you need
Those connectors can burst on some makes of pressure washers if you are using an auto stop Hoselock type connector (the ones that stop the water flow when you unplug the garden spray nozzle).

It's caused by back pressure forcing water back through the connector when you release the trigger on the pressure washer. The auto stop's valve acts like an unintentional check valve, stopping the pressure escaping into the hose and harmlessly expanding it.
Edited by: "melted" 31st Mar
Rune_2H31/03/2020 22:02

Comment deleted

No worries, hopefully you get sorted. Same set can be got on eBay / amazon and I’m sure lots of other places too
Rune_2H31/03/2020 22:35

Comment deleted

It’s actually probably the left one that clips onto the Kärcher. It’s an aqua stop, which if I remember correctly, stops the water when you disconnect it. Either will work though, just with the one that isn’t the aqua stop, water would still flow from it when disconnected

Edit - as in, the right one screws onto the Kärcher, then the left one screws onto the end of the hose and clips onto the fitting on the Kärcher.
Toolstation do a selection of reasonably priced hose fittings
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions