Hosepipe ban now cancelled by United Utilities

Found 2nd Aug
The hose pipe ban that was due to come in on 5th August by United Utilities has been cancelled at the last minute - phew!

They said cooler temperatures lately and few bits of rain recently plus water saving efforts have meant they can swerve the ban for now at least.
There may be restrictions in place later if the promised rain doesn't arrive but for now we seem to have escaped the ban.

Some tips for conserving water include spending a minute less in the shower, reusing bath water in the garden, only boiling what you need and using a washing up bowl.

3002519.jpg
Community Updates
Misc
7 Comments
Good!
Let's hope they start fixing some of their leaky pipes.
They said that their work fixing leaks is one of the reasons it has been cancelled. If only they worked more actively to fix them at all times maybe the threat of bans would not be required...
MT19801 h, 20 m ago

They said that their work fixing leaks is one of the reasons it has been …They said that their work fixing leaks is one of the reasons it has been cancelled. If only they worked more actively to fix them at all times maybe the threat of bans would not be required...

The other reasons being rain and lower usage since the ban was planned....
Perhaps HUKD’s members snapping up bargain pools this year had something to do with the shortage
What I don’t understand is if there’s x houses in a cul de sac and x house has 10 kids and hopefully washes them but is seen to wash the car can I as a loner use my pipe? Purely for knowledge purposes like this isn’t me we wasn’t affected by the ban so wondering how they work?
Edited by: "ASongOfFireAndIce" 2nd Aug
Well smoking near kids is frowned upon. Have you considered vaping instead of using your pipe?
Noooo, it’s because they were fixing the leaks and doing some kind of magic it’s only three days ago since they said it was the wrong type of rain

“Despite heavy rainfall hitting the north west, which United serves between Cheshire and Cumbria, on Sunday, United Utilities said the rain was “too hard” to make any difference to supplies.”

express.co.uk/new…ain
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants