Unfortunately, this discussion is no longer valid
Expired

Hospital records query

Posted 9th Sep 2020
Im looking to obtain my hospital records, has anyone done this ? If I request them will I get them from all hospital trusts I’ve visited or just from the trust I requested ? Do I need to pay? I’ve email my local trust not heard back. But will it include outpatient appointments, physio and the duration of the appointments?
Thanks in advance
Community Updates
Ask
7 Comments
I believe there is normally a few charged for it, for hospitals as the link Fromm willy wonka says is to contact the hospital. Normally the trust will have a webpage with further information on it. I have looked in the past, I don't think it was too cheap for it. Depending on what you want you may be able to ask a doctor or nurse for something e.g copy of blood test during an appointment that you already have
I work at hospital and it would only be records from the hospital you're ringing, so if you've visited more than one you'll have to ring them individually. In regards to getting hold of them you'd probably need to ask for their medical legal department (that's who deals with these requests at ours anyway) and they normally give you a form to fill out and return.

Also I'm unsure about payment as I think they stopped charging for them about 2 years ago but I could be wrong.
MrMan201109/09/2020 11:08

Can you use a subject access …Can you use a subject access request?https://resolution.nhs.uk/how-we-use-your-data/subject-access-requests/

Willy_Wonka09/09/2020 11:11

https://www.england.nhs.uk/contact-us/how-can-we-help/how-do-i-get-a-copy-of-my-health-medical-records/#:~:text=A request for information from,at the relevant hospital trust.

simon580009/09/2020 16:33

I believe there is normally a few charged for it, for hospitals as the …I believe there is normally a few charged for it, for hospitals as the link Fromm willy wonka says is to contact the hospital. Normally the trust will have a webpage with further information on it. I have looked in the past, I don't think it was too cheap for it. Depending on what you want you may be able to ask a doctor or nurse for something e.g copy of blood test during an appointment that you already have

stu199109/09/2020 16:59

I work at hospital and it would only be records from the hospital you're …I work at hospital and it would only be records from the hospital you're ringing, so if you've visited more than one you'll have to ring them individually. In regards to getting hold of them you'd probably need to ask for their medical legal department (that's who deals with these requests at ours anyway) and they normally give you a form to fill out and return. Also I'm unsure about payment as I think they stopped charging for them about 2 years ago but I could be wrong.

Thank you for you help most greatful!
You want to make a freedom of information request. There’s usually a nominal fee of about 10 for easy to access information I believe

Here is where you wanna look

england.nhs.uk/con…oi/
NHS Subject access request absolutely free. Better to ask for the Hospital Information Governance team/ department, who will be well versed in such requests.
Post a comment
@
    Text