Groups

Host my own email [email protected]?

Are there any websites which will let me point my DNS at it so i can use the webmail on it?

free/cheap please?

15 Comments

Banned

What you after t0mm?

Your own domain pointing to a free service like gmail to you can use webmail?

Google apps is free. I use it. Just edited the CNAME records with 1 & 1.

google.com/a/c…new

Original Poster

guv;3675426

What you after t0mm?Your own domain pointing to a free service like gmail … What you after t0mm?Your own domain pointing to a free service like gmail to you can use webmail?

Yeah.

Except google apps is messing me about.

Banned

Hmm. OK. I assume your domain host dont let you store mail?

Dunno if the free host that faevilangel uses would have webmail? 110mb.com (I think?)

All my domains are forward to gmail. Makes things less complicated. In fact I never even bother to download them now to outlook! (Then again - Ive got over 1200 unread emails!!! ie I see the headerswhich are likely to be junk - and dont delete. Dunno why - I know Im never gonna open them!)

Original Poster

guv;3675678

Hmm. OK. I assume your domain host dont let you store mail?Dunno if the … Hmm. OK. I assume your domain host dont let you store mail?Dunno if the free host that faevilangel uses would have webmail? 110mb.com (I think?)All my domains are forward to gmail. Makes things less complicated. In fact I never even bother to download them now to outlook! (Then again - Ive got over 1200 unread emails!!! ie I see the headerswhich are likely to be junk - and dont delete. Dunno why - I know Im never gonna open them!)

Yeah its 1and1.:/

I'm trying to set the 110mb nameservers up, but its not updating, grr i hate 1and1.

Banned

t0mm;3675746

Yeah its 1and1.:/I'm trying to set the 110mb nameservers up, but its not … Yeah its 1and1.:/I'm trying to set the 110mb nameservers up, but its not updating, grr i hate 1and1.

I'd like a £1 for everytime Ive heard a moan about 1&1 !

I know they ain't too quick in updating nameservers etc. Probably just a case of twiddling thumbs until they pull their finger out!

Original Poster

Well I have my reasons. I've had nothing but trouble with 'em.;

You'll be getting no money off me then lol

Original Poster

"1&1 name server (unmodifiable)"

Now im getting that... cant change NS or Cname.

freakin' typical.

t0mm;3675746

Yeah its 1and1.:/I'm trying to set the 110mb nameservers up, but its not … Yeah its 1and1.:/I'm trying to set the 110mb nameservers up, but its not updating, grr i hate 1and1.

110mb do allow you to, u need to change the cname records on the 1&1 domain tool thingy to point to the web mail provider......

do a search on 110mb forums as this has been asked a few times

Banned

t0mm;3675839

"1&1 name server (unmodifiable)"Now im getting that... cant change NS or … "1&1 name server (unmodifiable)"Now im getting that... cant change NS or Cname.freakin' typical.

It can be done t0mm - I had to do it for someone here once before..... but I do remember it being a pain in the backside! It's one of the reasons I always recommend 123-reg their CP couldn't be easier. (And the DNS changes are pretty quick too!)

Original Poster

guv;3675864

It can be done t0mm - I had to do it for someone here once before..... … It can be done t0mm - I had to do it for someone here once before..... but I do remember it being a pain in the backside! It's one of the reasons I always recommend 123-reg their CP couldn't be easier. (And the DNS changes are pretty quick too!)

im tempted to just transfer to 123

found this ........ will enable you to have your email with google etc also have the domain hosted elsewhere

110mb.com/for…tml

Original Poster

You can transfer to 123 for free, gonna do it now.

To be perfectly fair, I'm a lucky customer that's had not problems with 1and1. Admittedly, they are slow at updating the DNS/A/C records, but leaving it overnight works fine. I set mine up with Google Apps for your domain. (google.com/a) , and it works great. 1and1 are cheap for .co.uk domains, and thats the only reason I have a domain with them. I keep all my .com s with Godaddy, cus they have excellent service, excellent admin interface, and are very, very quick.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764202
      2. How dangerous is Donald trump?29133
      3. Microsoft Gamescom - Possibly more free games / Project Scorpio11
      4. WWE SummerSlam 2017 discussion thread!11

See more discussions