Groups

hot drinks machine

Hi all, can anyone recommend which brand to go for- for quality and worth- budget up to £50 for hot drinks machine for use at home- thanks

7 Comments

There are a few threads on here discussing it already, have a look at those for a debate.

I like the dolce gusto and have a couple of those.

hi. I got a tassimo machine 2 years ago for my bday and wouldn't go without it. you can get them for about £40 from currys with an extra £10 for 3 year cover or amazon.
    amazon.co.uk/s/r…MZV

currys.co.uk/gbu…tml

The drinks I usually get when they are on offer in either asda, sainsburys or Tesco on 3 for 2 or 3 for £10 or bulk buy on amazon when the packs drop to £15 for 5 packs.

amazon.co.uk/s/r…ack

If you like coffee I would for tassimo always recommend to get the coasta or petit dejeuner Americanos as you get more for your money and just put milk in the microwave for 40 seconds to have a proper latte.
    I also bought a cheap milk frother to make it more like a nice latte.

Some friends of mind find it too much effort and get the pre made lattes instead but the calories are more on these due to the milk being used in the pods and also they cost a lot more as its the same price for only half the coffees.

They have also said that the kenco ones don't taste great but not sure on that, oreos are too sweet and cadburys hot chocolate are great.

Hope that helps.

Tassimo is good, I'd highly recommend a model with an integrated Brita filter though.

I have a tassimo. Good if you don't just want coffee. If you do you can get the dolce gusto for £29.99 at Tesco. No idea what the dolce is like though. Use the tassimo most days. Never seem to have tea available in shops for some reason.

Original Poster

Thank you for the response, ideally I was after a machine that was good for tea and hot chocolate more so than coffee (not a coffee drinker), I have my medicial issues so wanted a decent one for the bedroom- but I'm just stumped as so many out there

Original Poster

Plus I've read certain machine only take certain pods- is there a brand that you can get away with using a variety of pod brands etc

Original Poster

danawhitmore54

hi. I got a tassimo machine 2 years ago for my bday and wouldn't go … hi. I got a tassimo machine 2 years ago for my bday and wouldn't go without it. you can get them for about £40 from currys with an extra £10 for 3 year cover or amazon. https://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_i_1_11?url=search-alias%3Dkitchen&field-keywords=tassimo+machine&sprefix=tassimo+mac%2Ckitchen%2C180&crid=2T74MT8HEMMZVhttp://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/search-keywords/xx_xx_xx_xx_xx/tassimo/1_20/price-asc/xx-criteria.htmlThe drinks I usually get when they are on offer in either asda, sainsburys or Tesco on 3 for 2 or 3 for £10 or bulk buy on amazon when the packs drop to £15 for 5 packs.https://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Dkitchen&field-keywords=tassimo+5+pack&rh=n%3A11052681%2Ck%3Atassimo+5+packIf you like coffee I would for tassimo always recommend to get the coasta or petit dejeuner Americanos as you get more for your money and just put milk in the microwave for 40 seconds to have a proper latte.I also bought a cheap milk frother to make it more like a nice latte.Some friends of mind find it too much effort and get the pre made lattes instead but the calories are more on these due to the milk being used in the pods and also they cost a lot more as its the same price for only half the coffees.They have also said that the kenco ones don't taste great but not sure on that, oreos are too sweet and cadburys hot chocolate are great.Hope that helps.

Thank you for the links x
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Furniture Sliders44
      2. Sun savers11
      3. SCS add ons... are they worth it??36
      4. Argos 3 for 2 reserving early33

See more discussions