Hotel and place to eat in Manchester

Banned 7 replies
Found 18th Mar 2010
Wondered if anyone could help me find a suitable hotel in Manchester. Have booked tickets for a gig at Manchester University and need a hotel nearby with parking and within walking distance preferably. Something decent too.

Also is there anywhere nice to eat in that area, so ideally we could offload our stuff at the hotel, go walk and get something to eat then walk onto the venue?

Cheers in advance.

7 Comments

never stay in palace hotel, it was scary!!

Banned

missp27;8137329

never stay in palace hotel, it was scary!!

What was scary about it?

DLM;8137335

What was scary about it?

it was about 5 or 6 years ago and i don't know what it was but our room was really scary, it had very high ceilings and the walls were tiled all the way up in the bedroom which was a bit strange, i couldn't sleep all night because i kept dreaming the room was haunted!
in the lift the next morning a woman said to me that she thought it was scary too, eeep!
i would never stay there again!

Banned

missp27;8137388

it was about 5 or 6 years ago and i don't know what it was but our room … it was about 5 or 6 years ago and i don't know what it was but our room was really scary, it had very high ceilings and the walls were tiled all the way up in the bedroom which was a bit strange, i couldn't sleep all night because i kept dreaming the room was haunted!in the lift the next morning a woman said to me that she thought it was scary too, eeep!i would never stay there again!

It is a very old building x x

Across the road from my work is the Novotel

novotel.com/gb/…tml

P.S

Lots of places to eat - hard trying to pinpoint one but try 'All Bar One' - sells lots of different beers and good food (it's on King Street)

Or

Sams Chop house (there are 2 - i think the 2nd one is called Toms chop house)

Original Poster Banned

red_dwarfer;8137499

P.SLots of places to eat - hard trying to pinpoint one but try 'All Bar … P.SLots of places to eat - hard trying to pinpoint one but try 'All Bar One' - sells lots of different beers and good food (it's on King Street)OrSams Chop house (there are 2 - i think the 2nd one is called Toms chop house)

Cheers, I'll keep a note of them. I'm guessing then there are plenty of places to eat/drink within the university area then.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Highway code and use of indicators (or lack thereof)4178
    2. Add one, leave one game54415459
    3. Without giving away your age, name three things that remind you of when you…51113
    4. saying of the day89412

See more discussions