Groups

Hotel Birmingham

Hi all,

Hope the evening is good for all. I'm freezing here In quarry bank west mids. Tis my birthday next weekend and would like to stay in Birmingham on the Saturday. I've planned to go to a mexican restaurant called bodega for a meal with my wife but they sell margaritas so I may get fairly sozzled.
    I wouldn't mind staying there the night as her parents are looking after our son, tis our first night off in a year. (since he was born, his birthday is 1 day before mine)
    Could anyone suggest a cheap place to stay. I've stayed at the nite nite hotel which was alright but not the best and I love mal mason and hotel du vin but they seem pretty dam expensive nowadays. Anyone able to suggest a good hotel?

Cheers

9 Comments

I stayed here just before christmas & booked through laterooms for £36 on a saturday night. Very nice hotel & about 10 mins walk into centre :
    laterooms.com/en/…spx

check out lastminute.com the scret hotels can be absolutely great and cheaper than a lot of crap, ill have a little look myself but birminghams a big place and i dont know it at all

Original Poster

It's for the 22nd budget I'd say is around 60-70 quid.

Could you try phoning up your two favourite hotels and haggle, or give them a fake story and tell them you never had a honeymoon and would love to treat your wife to just one night in the hotel as you can't afford anymore, and would they be able to give you a special deal?! It doesn't hurt to ask :P

Hey, nothing wrong with Quarry Bank... I'd be lost without QB motorcycles...

Good luck in your search for a hotel and have a great night....

Etap or travel lodgeon broad street are both cheap.

Jurys inn on broad street is ok and fairly cheap

Original Poster

Thanks all for the suggestions. I may try the haggle and if not to secret it. I love it here you know. Full of nice people. Woop woop
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Argos 3 for 2 reserving early11
      2. SCS add ons... are they worth it??22
      3. Wix Build Website Question, Domain transfer?34
      4. What do I do if item is damaged I bought on eBay.913

See more discussions