Unfortunately, this discussion is no longer valid
Expired

hotel cancel

Posted 12th Oct
hello , I booked thought booking.com for a hotel yesterday, in a week time, really looking forward to it, only to get this morning, due to technical issues,we are fully booked.

I am really disappointed and sad, and of course only hotel left is the more expensive 200 pound one, I paid 80.

my resv still says confirm too. is there anything I can do.
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

Top comments
Well, you have a few options.

You could speak to booking.com because that’s who you made the booking with.

Or, you could speak to the hotel directly to see if they have any rooms.

Or, you could post about it on a random shopping website.

Decisions decisions
20 Comments
Well, you have a few options.

You could speak to booking.com because that’s who you made the booking with.

Or, you could speak to the hotel directly to see if they have any rooms.

Or, you could post about it on a random shopping website.

Decisions decisions
Just ring the hotel, good luck
Babbabooey12/10/2019 09:57

Well, you have a few options.You could speak to booking.com because that’s …Well, you have a few options.You could speak to booking.com because that’s who you made the booking with.Or, you could speak to the hotel directly to see if they have any rooms.Or, you could post about it on a random shopping website.Decisions decisions

I done all 3, I found a similar hotel with 30 pounds difference so I am hoping booking.com might make it up for the inconvenience
Pricklerickle12/10/2019 10:06

I done all 3, I found a similar hotel with 30 pounds difference so I am …I done all 3, I found a similar hotel with 30 pounds difference so I am hoping booking.com might make it up for the inconvenience

Good luck with that!
Pricklerickle12/10/2019 10:06

I done all 3, I found a similar hotel with 30 pounds difference so I am …I done all 3, I found a similar hotel with 30 pounds difference so I am hoping booking.com might make it up for the inconvenience

Oh dear another compo job, hopefully people learn their lesson from this couple
Not everything in life equals compensation
it's just it said confirmed so I book tickets, cause I take confirmed as confirmed, if we was to cancel hotel w would be charged full price, I just want the booking I was told was confirmed, after all it still says confirmed and not cancel yet
Pricklerickle12/10/2019 10:48

it's just it said confirmed so I book tickets, cause I take confirmed as …it's just it said confirmed so I book tickets, cause I take confirmed as confirmed, if we was to cancel hotel w would be charged full price, I just want the booking I was told was confirmed, after all it still says confirmed and not cancel yet

So if there's been an error, you'd rather just turn up and have them say 'sorry, no room at t'inn?' If there's been a mistake and it's double booked, that's it. Just book another one.
deeky12/10/2019 10:50

So if there's been an error, you'd rather just turn up and have them say …So if there's been an error, you'd rather just turn up and have them say 'sorry, no room at t'inn?' If there's been a mistake and it's double booked, that's it. Just book another one.

and if I accidentally booked and said sorry there been an error I can't make it, , just book another person in, I wonder what there say,my decision to make a booking was influenced on price and the fact I really like this hotel, I just believe in consumer rights and keep contract's
Pricklerickle12/10/2019 10:58

and if I accidentally booked and said sorry there been an error I can't …and if I accidentally booked and said sorry there been an error I can't make it, , just book another person in, I wonder what there say,my decision to make a booking was influenced on price and the fact I really like this hotel, I just believe in consumer rights and keep contract's

They would charge you a fee, that same fee you should be entitled to. I called my ISP and open reach were meant to come but didn't show up, same happened again. If I wasn't in they would charge me £50 I missed work only have them not show up. I wasn't aware at the time I could get whatever they charge for missed appointments. Someone here told me and said I can actually get more by sending my own terms to them if they didn't show and a invoice you probably won't get the requested amount but better than nothing.
Edited by: "MR1123" 12th Oct

... I just believe in consumer rights and keep contract's

Re-read the t&c that you read prior to making the contract to see what compensation rights you wrote off when you placed the booking. Consider employing legal assistance in the country that b.c is based.
fearona12/10/2019 10:44

Oh dear another compo job, hopefully people learn their lesson from this …Oh dear another compo job, hopefully people learn their lesson from this coupleNot everything in life equals compensation

Big lol. Thats made my day. Just wish she had also got nicked for inappropriate use of the motorway hard shoulder

'I had a panic attack on the side of the motorway and my parents had to come and get me'

and if I accidentally booked and said sorry there been an error I can't …and if I accidentally booked and said sorry there been an error I can't make it, , just book another person in, I wonder what there say,my decision to make a booking was influenced on price and the fact I really like this hotel, I just believe in consumer rights and keep contract's

So what would you have the hotel do? And you can't blame booking.Com for the hotel's error.
deeky12/10/2019 12:08

So what would you have the hotel do? And you can't blame booking.Com for …So what would you have the hotel do? And you can't blame booking.Com for the hotel's error.

hotel nothing, and as it technical error thought booking.com, with there excellent customer service, there usually see you right, what do I expect nothing, what I hope for, some excellent customer service above the ball.
Pricklerickle12/10/2019 12:14

hotel nothing, and as it technical error thought booking.com, with there …hotel nothing, and as it technical error thought booking.com, with there excellent customer service, there usually see you right, what do I expect nothing, what I hope for, some excellent customer service above the ball.

Have you contacted Booking.Com to see what they have to say and what they can do to try and put things right?
Haircut_10012/10/2019 12:30

Have you contacted Booking.Com to see what they have to say and what they …Have you contacted Booking.Com to see what they have to say and what they can do to try and put things right?

yes, and there are sorting it, that's why I like booking.com, always got excellent customer service
Pricklerickle12/10/2019 12:32

yes, and there are sorting it, that's why I like booking.com, always got …yes, and there are sorting it, that's why I like booking.com, always got excellent customer service

So if Booking.Com are sorting out out for you then what did you want from this thread?
Edited by: "Haircut_100" 12th Oct
Haircut_10012/10/2019 12:34

So if Booking.Com are sorting out out for you then what did you want from …So if Booking.Com are sorting out out for you then what did you want from this thread?

that was before, hence why I put expired, unfortunately we can't delate thread's
Pricklerickle12/10/2019 12:45

that was before, hence why I put expired, unfortunately we can't delate …that was before, hence why I put expired, unfortunately we can't delate thread's

You can spoil the thread's OP which will result in removal. Two classic examples are the "Virgin Vampires" thread and the "useless HUKD mods" threads:
Virgin Vampires: archive.is/4BoCT and archive.is/b2vvn
say what you want: archive.is/udks2
Pricklerickle12/10/2019 12:45

that was before, hence why I put expired, unfortunately we can't delate …that was before, hence why I put expired, unfortunately we can't delate thread's

Ok I see. But didn't you just want to simply contact them first and see what they had to say before creating a thread here about it?
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants