Hotel Chocolat not very good quality for the price and overrated

Found 17th Jan 2010
... compared to stuff i've had from Belgium for cheaper.

I recently bought 2 boxes of chocolates for £25 from a deal here, reduced with 50% off. While they were not bad (a step above Thorntons and M&S chocs I also had), I wasnt really impressed with their claims or other peoples claims about their taste. Maybe it was the Christmas collection ?

Anyway the various makes of belge chocolates I have had from different cities and makers surpasses anything from Hotel Chocolat, and they have been far cheaper. Some of my chocolates was misshaped also, or totally missing and replaced with an alternative.

Next time i'll just find a supplier that will ship to me and pay the extra postage, gonna be better than the overrated Hotel Chocolate. If I woulda paid £25 for a box of these chocs I would feel a bit miffed.

14 Comments

I like Hotel chocolate stuff
Had a box of their Christmas collection and thought they were scrummy...though I agree on the price being steep.

Original Poster

Of course i've had the big names like Leondas, Jeffe De Brugge, but I also people started bringing me chocolates from makers i've never heard of when they visited Belgium on Holiday, and told me they had whole chains. One was "Moeder Ruther" or something like that.

Of course they know i'm such a big chocoholic.

D.

Banned

cadburys dairy milk - nothing else beats it -

sparkle123;7577164

+ 1 !!!!

Original Poster

sparkle123;7577164

yuk foulness.

sparkle123;7577164

Try Asda's own chocolate...I find it nicer than Dairy milk....think it isn't quite as sweet.

Banned

and Kraft better keep their hands off our beloved cadburys - have you tasted american chocolate !!!!

Banned

really about the asda choc ? I usually find asda own brand of stuff parp

sparkle123;7577207

really about the asda choc ? I usually find asda own brand of stuff parp

Well it's all down to personal tase but for the price of it you can't beat it.

Original Poster

Actually I had these big bars of Tesco's own Turkish Delight, and they are actually damn good for the price, I was suprised. Beats anything Cadbury offer.

Sometimes the Tescos bars taste ok. I prefer to buy M&S choc bars for snacks. Their bounty type bar tastes better than bounty, more coconut and less sugar.

Look out for this next time :

http://www.chocablog.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/tesco-turkish-delight-1.jpg

http://www.chocablog.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/ms-coconut-chocolate-1.jpg

D.

bellabonkers;7577221

Well it's all down to personal tase but for the price of it you can't … Well it's all down to personal tase but for the price of it you can't beat it.

i agree it's actually really nice
the one with the crispy bits is yum!

M & S chocs = Thornton.

aybe you should ask for your money back then? hotelchocolat.co.uk/gua…ed/

Personally I love their chocolates!

everyone's a winner baby
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Highway code and use of indicators (or lack thereof)4176
    2. What's you favourite 60s 70s 80s song ?993251