Groups
    EXPIRED

Hotel in Edinburgh

My girlfriend wants to go to Edinburgh for her birthday but we're not having a very good time finding hotels, anybody know of any deals running for the the 11th, 12th & 13th December? We wanted to spend max £200 on the hotel but that's proving quite difficult!

26 Comments

oooh son stayed in one-fountain court eq2 last December-said it was superb! i booked it and can see now on hotels.com coming in around £320...but im sure i paid much less as there are discounts and quidco etc..
    it was an apartment and he said even a dishwasher, power shower etc.

Original Poster

yeah I saw that, it's number 1 on trip advisor and definitely somewhere I would choose but still about £100 too much!

it wasnt so much really...have a scoot around and you maynot get it under £200 but close?
    i also looked at i think it was balmoral group....not sure, but they wanted the privacy and freedom and loved eq2

try a budget agent: ]hostelword.com

dont worry they have decent hotel too

Original Poster

Money Spinning;3479163

http://www.deverevenues.co.uk/offers/leisure-offers/10-pound-rooms.html

yeah I saw that yesterday but the one near edinburgh is sold out for that weekend...would have been nice!

fungus;3479196

yeah I saw that yesterday but the one near edinburgh is sold out for that … yeah I saw that yesterday but the one near edinburgh is sold out for that weekend...would have been nice!

Shame, good luck in finding something else.

Travelodge?

you can come and stay at mine.....

Original Poster

big willy style;3479843

you can come and stay at mine.....

is breakfast traditional or continental?

fungus;3480340

is breakfast traditional or continental?

there is the ENGLISH breakfast and there is the SCOTTISH breakfast that consists of 4sausages,2 square sausages,4 pieces of bacon,2 tattie scones, 2 eggs and a spoon of beans with 2 rolls and a 2litre bottle of irn bru so if you can stomach that you can stay for free!!!!!!:thumbsup::thumbsup:

big willy style;3480817

there is the ENGLISH breakfast and there is the SCOTTISH breakfast that … there is the ENGLISH breakfast and there is the SCOTTISH breakfast that consists of 4sausages,2 square sausages,4 pieces of bacon,2 tattie scones, 2 eggs and a spoon of beans with 2 rolls and a 2litre bottle of irn bru so if you can stomach that you can stay for free!!!!!!:thumbsup::thumbsup:

does that apply to anyone! a love me fry ups, and that sounds heaven! (greasy as hell, but brekky heaven!) :oops:

Disco;3481208

does that apply to anyone! a love me fry ups, and that sounds heaven! … does that apply to anyone! a love me fry ups, and that sounds heaven! (greasy as hell, but brekky heaven!) :oops:

its the bomb:-D

visitscotland.com/guide/

Hope this helps. You can call them too and they are really helpful and may be able to find you a great deal!

Have a lovely time

I mentioned this place before on here, Cairn Hotel.

Cheap, comfortable, and in a quiet area of Edinburgh. Literally a 10 minute walk from Princes Street, and the Vittoria Restaurant which is nearby is brilliant.

Don't go to Edinburgh - it's too bloody cold.

Come to Glasgow instead - the shopping's much better too!

Original Poster

tracyanne1;3483444

Don't go to Edinburgh - it's too bloody cold.Come to Glasgow instead - … Don't go to Edinburgh - it's too bloody cold.Come to Glasgow instead - the shopping's much better too!

do you have any castles? my girlfriend is canadian and you know what they're like...

fungus;3483837

do you have any castles? my girlfriend is canadian and you know what … do you have any castles? my girlfriend is canadian and you know what they're like...

No, but tell her all about the shopping!

I'm sure you could change her mind.

If you do come to Glasgow, stay at One Devonshire Gardens (DeVere Hotel Group)
    She'll soon forget all about castles!

Enjoy yourselves wherever you end up!

fungus;3483837

do you have any castles? my girlfriend is canadian and you know what … do you have any castles? my girlfriend is canadian and you know what they're like...

Are they all like Celine Dion??

tracyanne1;3483444

Don't go to Edinburgh - it's too bloody cold.Come to Glasgow instead - … Don't go to Edinburgh - it's too bloody cold.Come to Glasgow instead - the shopping's much better too!

GLASGOW:?

jakeball central!!!!

big willy style;3488506

GLASGOW:?jakeball central!!!!

pots and kettles

toolongawake;3488574

pots and kettles

maybe full of polaks but jakeys there are few

Glasgow.. knife capital of the world!

Edinburgh is a beautiful city, try looking for a b and b, few nice ones on ferry road and buses into center of town are very frequent and cheap.

If you want to shop in primark go to Glasgow, if you want to see a historical beautiful city.. try Edinburgh

jb66;3505331

Glasgow.. knife capital of the world!Edinburgh is a beautiful city, try … Glasgow.. knife capital of the world!Edinburgh is a beautiful city, try looking for a b and b, few nice ones on ferry road and buses into center of town are very frequent and cheap.If you want to shop in primark go to Glasgow, if you want to see a historical beautiful city.. try Edinburgh

enough said.....

Try these from Late Rooms. Plenty of reviews. I live there myself, so if you need any help, please just ask.

Enjoy yourselves.

laterooms.com/en/…2,0
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. iPhone 7 32GB Black Unopened56
      2. Cheap 'smart phone' for child wanted.22
      3. Ditched Sky22
      4. When is the next Howdens Joinery sale?11

See more discussions