Expired

Hotel in London for 26/05/08 to 29/05/08

Found 13th May 2008
Does anybody know a good hotel near Oxford Street in London? Ive got to go on a trial for a position I applied for but unfortunately I dont live in London and they dont pay your expenses. So Ive got to travel there and stay in a hotel for four or five nights all at my own expense and without any guarantee that I'll get the job!!

As Im very skint at the mo I was hoping people would have some suggestions as to getting a good deal for a hotel and trains to London aswell

Thanks in advance

8 Comments

Banned

Take a stab vest.

try looking on laterooms.com i always get a good price on hotels when booked through these, you can search for hotels on oxford street.

It would be cheaper to stay further out of London and get a Oyster card to travel in, they have Premier Inn's and Holiday Inn's in the City, which will be cheaper than the west end, and just a 15mins tube journey.

The travelodge in Marylebone has £49 savers rooms for Mon26, Tues 27 and Thurs 29, but for Wed 28 there are none available and it it would cost you £90. If you want to book this go to [url]www.travelodge.co.uk[/url] and click on saver rooms logo,, put in Marylebone and you will need to book each of the nights separate to get this rate on the left. Then book the Wed dearer room on it own. If you just put in th block dates it charges you £90 per night for each of the rooms. There are single and twin rooms available for the same rates,-the twin rooms, might give you more room. This is opposite the Marylebone train station and it is 4 stops on the tube to Oxford Street(Oxford Circus stop). That is about 10-15 mins travelling time.
Don't know if this is what you are looking for but found a room rental with shared facilities in nearby St Johns Wood for £35 a night. It says the 139 and 189 buses stops in the road and these buses goes to Oxford street. It would be about 20 mins away on the bus.
holidaylettings.co.uk/ren…816

[url]www.easyhotel.com[/url] has rooms for £40 a night by Earls court tube station and you only need to change once on the tube to get to Oxford Circus station-Piccadilly line 4 stops to Green park, change to victoria line and 1 stop to Oxford circus. (20 mins travelling).

Before you go to London order an Oyster card for cheaper travel from [url]www.tfl.gov.uk[/url]. It is £3 for the card but works out a lot cheaper for regular journeys at peak times.

Try the Top Secret Hotels sold on lastminute.com

[url]www.laterooms.com[/url] ...go through quidco for 6% cashback

some r a bit skanky, but others are grand, plus nice and cheap especialy wen on a budget

travelstay.com/che…rnQ

or these are really nice but got rooms theyd like to get sm money for

laterooms.com/en/…0,0

Hope that helps but id agree with susancs get an oyster to travel (plus it broadens ur hotel search)
good luck at the interview

Original Poster

thanks for everyones help

rep left
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Massive reductions on PSVR units - UK next?69
    2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7771897
    3. PlayStation VR is the number 1 selling product on Amazon right now1638
    4. Without saying how old you are, Name one thing from your childhood someone …70119

See more discussions