Groups

Hotel internet access point question.

The internet access socket in hotel rooms, are they normally rj45 if so is it straight or crossover.

Stopping in a hotel in Spain and hoping to take the laptop so I don't miss out on Hotukdeals!!!.

Hotel doesn't have wifi which is a shame. And I don't even know if it has a socket in the room. But I'm getting desperate so will take one just in case.

Its hotel flamingo oasis Benidorm on the off chance anyone has stayed.

7 Comments

it will be a straight rj45 if they have sockets in the room, def not crossover.

Original Poster

Babbabooey;8320303

it will be a straight rj45 if they have sockets in the room, def not … it will be a straight rj45 if they have sockets in the room, def not crossover.

Great stuff, thanks. I will take one along then just in case.

Is a straight one just a normal router to pc patch lead. The same that ISP's send out.

gavjbrown;8320331

Great stuff, thanks. I will take one along then even if they don't have … Great stuff, thanks. I will take one along then even if they don't have access I can strangle the wife with it.Is a straight one just a normal router to pc patch lead. The same that ISP's send out.

Yep thats the one, although most modern laptop NICs are able to self detect if using a straight or cross cable and adjust to suit.

Best thing you can do on a holiday is leave the laptop and anything to do with UK life behind... enjoy a different life for two weeks

Banned

bear in mind any usage will probably be at an extortionate rate

Most modern routers/switches and client NICs use auto MDX, so makes no difference actually

Original Poster

BlackCloud;8321946

Best thing you can do on a holiday is leave the laptop and anything to do … Best thing you can do on a holiday is leave the laptop and anything to do with UK life behind... enjoy a different life for two weeks

Thats what I normally do. But this time my netbook is calling.

Thanks everyone, rep added.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Are the free antivirus any good?56
      2. Currys Return33
      3. How long do CEX take to process a bank transfer?87
      4. I would not recommend anyone to buy tickets in viagogo33

See more discussions