Hotel Manchester this Saturday

Posted 6th Nov
Hi, I am looking for a cheap hotel this Saturday in Manchester, it can also be in the outskirts as I drive. Anyone knows of a good deal for 50 pounds or less for 2 people? THANK YOU
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

34 Comments
It’s been a while since I stayed there, but out of cricket season (which it is) Old Trafford used to offer cheap rooms overlooking the pitch. The Metrolink takes you straight into town, which is useful if you’re going to the MEN Arena or whatever it’s called these days.
Edited by: "joeydeacon" 6th Nov
joeydeacon06/11/2019 11:25

It’s been a while since I stayed there, but out of cricket season (which i …It’s been a while since I stayed there, but out of cricket season (which it is) Old Trafford used to offer cheap rooms overlooking the pitch. The Metrolink takes you straight into town, which is useful if you’re going to the MEN Arena or whatever it’s called these says.

YOu mean the Manchester United stadium?
If you are heading to the Apollo, there is either a Travel Lodge or Premier Inn around the corner, but it’s not the most pleasant of areas..
I_Mu06/11/2019 11:26

No, the cricket ground, but it’s not far away
I_Mu06/11/2019 11:26

Otherwise known as Lancashire Cricket Club
joeydeacon06/11/2019 11:28

If you are heading to the Apollo, there is either a Travel Lodge or …If you are heading to the Apollo, there is either a Travel Lodge or Premier Inn around the corner, but it’s not the most pleasant of areas..

Actually I am going to Apolo but with a car...
I_Mu06/11/2019 11:30

Actually I am going to Apolo but with a car...

If exiting the Apollo you take a left past the petrol station opposite there’s a Premier Inn or Travel Lodge on that road - can’t recall which. If you take the road in the opposite direction there is one (again can’t recall which) near Bel Vue Stadium and the cinema.
Checked the cricket ground it's £150 plus
Ok got it, try Sport City travelodge, it’s near the Apollo but also Eastlands (Man City) so there are worse places to park
joeydeacon06/11/2019 11:36

Ok got it, try Sport City travelodge, it’s near the Apollo but also E …Ok got it, try Sport City travelodge, it’s near the Apollo but also Eastlands (Man City) so there are worse places to park

£94 lol
I_Mu06/11/2019 11:38

£94 lol

Try Premier Inn West Didsbury, nicer area on the outskirts but easy drive to the Apollo
How many miles are you prepared to drive?
IamMT06/11/2019 11:42

How many miles are you prepared to drive?

15 or so..thanks
£38 travellodge centre
Travelodge Manchester Central£34Nov 9–10
3-star hotelBlackfriars St, Manchester M3 5AL

nustay.co.uk/che…475
That's actually a great price. Do you know if this hotel would be noisy?
Luckyluke0206/11/2019 11:48

£38 travellodge centreTravelodge Manchester Central£34Nov 9–103-star hot …£38 travellodge centreTravelodge Manchester Central£34Nov 9–103-star hotelBlackfriars St, Manchester M3 5ALhttps://nustay.co.uk/checkout/2025978475

II have seen they have a car park..can you park there free of charge?
I_Mu06/11/2019 12:12

II have seen they have a car park..can you park there free of charge?

not sure about parking got train last time might be worth calling them and wasnt noisy for me but we were at the end of the coridoor so not many passing.
I_Mu06/11/2019 12:00

No worse than any other central Manchester hotel on a weekend, you have to expect a certain level of it I think
I_Mu06/11/2019 12:00

There are travel lodges along Stockport Road, near Stockport town centre, will be quieter I’d imagine but it’s only approx 10 miles or so along the main drag (A6)
joeydeacon06/11/2019 12:45

There are travel lodges along Stockport Road, near Stockport town centre, …There are travel lodges along Stockport Road, near Stockport town centre, will be quieter I’d imagine but it’s only approx 10 miles or so along the main drag (A6)

THanks I'll check it out
Britannia hotels cheap digs. If you go on there website they have there weekly sale on a Wednesday
Britannia airport hotel is £52 on hotels.com you can also use a discount code on top of that. There’s some knocking about for 8 percent off. The Travelodge comment is a great deal tho x
Have you considered an Airbnb?
parisp06/11/2019 14:48

Britannia airport hotel is £52 on hotels.com you can also use a discount …Britannia airport hotel is £52 on hotels.com you can also use a discount code on top of that. There’s some knocking about for 8 percent off. The Travelodge comment is a great deal tho x

II appreciate your effort..just checked some of Britannia ones and looks really old bedrooms... I agree the Travelodge is a great deal
Airbnb is a pain for one night. It's mostly more expensive for the comfort you get in a Travelodge
I_Mu06/11/2019 14:59

II appreciate your effort..just checked some of Britannia ones and looks …II appreciate your effort..just checked some of Britannia ones and looks really old bedrooms... I agree the Travelodge is a great deal

They are crap outdated rooms I’ve stayed in a few. I never really care as it’s just somewhere to get my head down and once I’m back in the room I’m usually hammered

Enjoy your trip x
Luckyluke0206/11/2019 11:48

£38 travellodge centreTravelodge Manchester Central£34Nov 9–103-star hot …£38 travellodge centreTravelodge Manchester Central£34Nov 9–103-star hotelBlackfriars St, Manchester M3 5ALhttps://nustay.co.uk/checkout/2025978475

I think, this one has stopped working? Cannot access the link...
I_Mu06/11/2019 15:08

I think, this one has stopped working? Cannot access the link...

only valid for a few hours will see if i can get another but it might have changed by now
Luckyluke0206/11/2019 15:10

only valid for a few hours will see if i can get another but it might have …only valid for a few hours will see if i can get another but it might have changed by now

OH nooo....I thought it was valid all day
I_Mu06/11/2019 15:12

OH nooo....I thought it was valid all day

Nope all gone now at that price maybe someone else on here has booked it after seeing it as it was a good deal hope you find something else
Edited by: "Luckyluke02" 6th Nov
Luckyluke0206/11/2019 15:13

Nope all gone now at that price

OK thanks anyway. If you find another one let me know please
I_Mu06/11/2019 15:14

OK thanks anyway. If you find another one let me know please

Be gone by the time you decide to book it but will do dont think they will come up that cheap now been so close.
Edited by: "Luckyluke02" 6th Nov
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants