Hotel/apartment recommendations for Istanbul please

Found 31st Dec 2017
we are a family of 6 and want to go istanbul for 9 nights in Easter hols but I've never been abroad where I'm not staying with family so am finding it really daunting finding a good hotel. this will be our first ever proper holiday without any local info.

ideally want something close to the centre as we love sightseeing and having a 6 year old would prefer being able to walk most places rather than being stuck in a cab. would be great if we can get an apartment type accommodation with 2 bedrooms and a kitchen with washing machine.

I've been on ebookers and some of the reviews are really off putting but I've seen you can get an apartment for around the £300 Mark for 9 nights.

would really appreciate any help and recommendations you guys can give as im a total novice and I don't want to spoil our time away because the hotel was disgusting etc

Thank you so much
Community Updates
  1. Ask
  2. Travel
Groups
  1. Ask
  2. Travel
6 Comments
Go to trip advisor, Istanbul forum for detailed advice & use something like Booking.com etc

You'll get better advice from TA. HUKD is quite anti-Turkey so I wouldn't listen to what's said here (except me obviously)
Edited by: "Gollywood" 31st Dec 2017
I don't think it's a case of HUKD being anti Turkey, it's a case of it not being a particularly recommended place to holiday.
windym1 h, 23 m ago

I don't think it's a case of HUKD being anti Turkey, it's a case of it not …I don't think it's a case of HUKD being anti Turkey, it's a case of it not being a particularly recommended place to holiday.

The posts are usually quite vitriolic so I stand by my comment
Gollywood6 m ago

The posts are usually quite vitriolic so I stand by my comment

I didn't say you shouldn't. But most people have a lower risk factor and there are a million places where a lot of people would rather be, particularly with kids.

People go because it's cheap. It's cheap for a reason.
windym3 m ago

I didn't say you shouldn't. But most people have a lower risk factor and …I didn't say you shouldn't. But most people have a lower risk factor and there are a million places where a lot of people would rather be, particularly with kids. People go because it's cheap. It's cheap for a reason.

I go because I find the country amazing & beautiful. And it's not that cheap. Not scared by the negative press.

The plus point is that it's great when not heaving!
It is cheap. Some might find it affordable, others may find it reasonable. The rest find it cheap.
Edited by: "windym" 31st Dec 2017
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants