Groups
    EXPIRED

Hotels in Newcastle

Hello, me and hubby want to stay in a hotel for 1 night either the 13th Feb or the Saturday after. We want to stay in a 'nice' hotel but have budget of £100 for the night, maybe be able to stretch little furthur. Needs to be not too far away from Newcastle center as wanting to go out in Newcastle on night out.

Have tried the Hilton hotel for the money off deal, but theres none for our dates unfortunatly. Any other offers for hotels? Or any hotels you would recommend to us? We did stay in Menzies silverlink hotel last time but seems to be closed down now unfortunatly as that was nice hotel.

Thanks

21 Comments

]http//ww…om/

]http//ww…om/

]http//ne…om/

There's 3 to be going on with. No real experience of them as I live in Newcastle and have no need to stay in a hotel. Would have suggested the Malmaison but their prices are flaming ridiculous!

Original Poster

greystreet aren't free for any saturdays at weekend, will look at the others thanks

check ur inbox!

I suggest you phone the Newcastle Tourist Information for info availability and advice or try [url]www.visinortheastengland.com[/url] for an accommodation search.

If it helps I think the silverlink is now a travelodge.

Original Poster

Sandypie;7676377

If it helps I think the silverlink is now a travelodge.

so it has!! Gosh it looked so much better before they took over it! Will maybe re think about going back there

There are a couple of travel lodges on the quayside.

bellabonkers;7678527

There are a couple of travel lodges on the quayside.

she said "nice" not "tatty" lol :oops::whistling::thumbsup:

Disco;7678535

she said "nice" not "tatty" lol :oops::whistling::thumbsup:

Yes but they also have a budget,

You could try the Jurys inn.

bellabonkers;7678552

Yes but they also have a budget, You could try the Jurys inn.

like I found a room at the Thistle, for £95 ... INSIDE budget! lol :whistling::p:thumbsup:

Disco;7678595

like I found a room at the Thistle, for £95 ... INSIDE budget! lol … like I found a room at the Thistle, for £95 ... INSIDE budget! lol :whistling::p:thumbsup:

I wouldn't touch that hotel with a ten ft barge pole.....

it's a know "meeting" place shall we say!

A bit further afield, how about Lumley Castle in Chester-le-Street, you could maybe get a taxi, but I know it is a bit far.

Malmaison on the Quayside is very nice, although might be more pricey on a Saturday night, did check the prices I'm afraid.

Original Poster

studentessa;7681242

A bit further afield, how about Lumley Castle in Chester-le-Street, you … A bit further afield, how about Lumley Castle in Chester-le-Street, you could maybe get a taxi, but I know it is a bit far. Malmaison on the Quayside is very nice, although might be more pricey on a Saturday night, did check the prices I'm afraid.

Looked at that but cheapest is £165 if i remember rightly.
    I can get Hilton for £145 if on the 13th so might go for that if thats the weekend were going away for the night, the weekend after is over £150 a night.
    Thought it would be easier than this to find a nice one lol.

Original Poster

Disco;7678514

]Newcastle Hotels Sat Feb 20, 1 night only ....The Thistle Hotel, … ]Newcastle Hotels Sat Feb 20, 1 night only ....The Thistle Hotel, opposite the central train station is £95 a night :thumbsup:

Thistle is on my list, but how far from centre of Newcastle is it? As would need taxi there and back.

Original Poster

studentessa;7681242

A bit further afield, how about Lumley Castle in Chester-le-Street, you … A bit further afield, how about Lumley Castle in Chester-le-Street, you could maybe get a taxi, but I know it is a bit far. Malmaison on the Quayside is very nice, although might be more pricey on a Saturday night, did check the prices I'm afraid.

Think that would cost too much in taxi there and back?

Menzies hotel is a travelodge or something similar now

lyns123456;7681737

Thistle is on my list, but how far from centre of Newcastle is it? As … Thistle is on my list, but how far from centre of Newcastle is it? As would need taxi there and back.

Literally a 2 minute walk to centre of town

Reckon a taxi from Chester le Street could be 15/20 each way....

Booking.com have the Hilton for £109 on Sat 13th. That website is always the cheapest for me. Have a look

booking.com/sea…amb

With taxi cost probably best to stay in town if you want be in Ncl for the night

studentessa;7687067

Reckon a taxi from Chester le Street could be 15/20 each … Reckon a taxi from Chester le Street could be 15/20 each way....Booking.com have the Hilton for £109 on Sat 13th. That website is always the cheapest for me. Have a lookhttp://www.booking.com/searchresults.html?sid=a7f0d5b920ecd201caf57c56b9a76059;checkin_monthday=13;checkin_year_month=2010-2;checkout_monthday=14;checkout_year_month=2010-2;class_interval=1;offset=0;si=ai%2Cco%2Cci%2Cre%2Cdi;ss_all=0;city=-2603966;origin=disambWith taxi cost probably best to stay in town if you want be in Ncl for the night

I would reckon more than £15-20 each way

Original Poster

studentessa;7687067

Reckon a taxi from Chester le Street could be 15/20 each … Reckon a taxi from Chester le Street could be 15/20 each way....Booking.com have the Hilton for £109 on Sat 13th. That website is always the cheapest for me. Have a lookhttp://www.booking.com/searchresults.html?sid=a7f0d5b920ecd201caf57c56b9a76059;checkin_monthday=13;checkin_year_month=2010-2;checkout_monthday=14;checkout_year_month=2010-2;class_interval=1;offset=0;si=ai%2Cco%2Cci%2Cre%2Cdi;ss_all=0;city=-2603966;origin=disambWith taxi cost probably best to stay in town if you want be in Ncl for the night

Thanks, will look on that website for hotels:thumbsup: Husband says i can go over the £100 budget so think its going to be the hilton, shame the silverlink menzies got taken over we really liked that before:x
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Win a Davosa Ternos Submariner Wristwatch worth £64578
      2. Win 1 of 3 x £1000 Selfridges vouchers with Virgin Trains1211
      3. Win a luxury eight-night break for two in Malaysia with Ushvani Spa and Tra…55
      4. Win a safari adventure & claim a free Chicago Town pizza coupon44

See more discussions