Groups
    EXPIRED

Hotels near the NEC Birmingham in June

Banned
    Any good ones?

I am currently looked at Etap & Ramada Encore

Thanks

10 Comments

The encore is great location wise and has only recently opened.

The etap is a few mins walk further but still ok.

If it was a choice out of the above 2, the the encore would win for me due to location and it's new.

Original Poster Banned

smithyp1;7925249

The encore is great location wise and has only recently opened.The etap … The encore is great location wise and has only recently opened.The etap is a few mins walk further but still ok.If it was a choice out of the above 2, the the encore would win for me due to location and it's new.

Thank you

I have repped you :thumbsup:

Check on parking, i looked at the Ramada and they had no parking you had to park in the multi storey at £18 per night.

So i found a hotel called the Apollo about 5 mins from main broad street £40 per night and had their own parking

In fact, I've stayed at the Encore twice...it's very good - very contemporary, bery clean, very nice, and very reasonably priced. The breakfast buffet ain't half bad. Check the special offers part of their webpage and see if you can get any B&B offers. The one thing I'd say is to ask for a room on the car-park side of the hotel - the other side is near-ish to the main road and whilst not massively noisy, the car-park side will be wonderfully quiet.

The NEC train station is only about 5 mins walk from the Encore, although some of the exhibition halls are a bit of a hike. If you don't wanna walk it, take advantage of the Encore's free parking and get yourself a cab instead.

Ooh - little bit of extra info for you - there's a pub only about 2 mins drive fro the Encore...can't remember the name of it for sure - it's something like the Little Owl...although it's part of a chain, they do very good food...

andrpro;7925349

Check on parking, i looked at the Ramada and they had no parking you had … Check on parking, i looked at the Ramada and they had no parking you had to park in the multi storey at £18 per night.So i found a hotel called the Apollo about 5 mins from main broad street £40 per night and had their own parking

You're referring to the Ramada in Birmingham Town Centre there...which is a different thing.

The Ramada Encore at the NEC has a very good sized car park and is free.

Original Poster Banned

andrpro;7925349

Check on parking, i looked at the Ramada and they had no parking you had … Check on parking, i looked at the Ramada and they had no parking you had to park in the multi storey at £18 per night.

SirBargainsALot;7925370

take advantage of the Encore's free parking and get yourself a cab … take advantage of the Encore's free parking and get yourself a cab instead.

Do you get free parking? :?

andrpro;7925349

Check on parking, i looked at the Ramada and they had no parking you had … Check on parking, i looked at the Ramada and they had no parking you had to park in the multi storey at £18 per night.So i found a hotel called the Apollo about 5 mins from main broad street £40 per night and had their own parking

It's worth remembering that Broad Street is a fair distance away from the NEC. About 8 miles or so. Having said that, there's a regular train service.

SirBargainsALot;7925370

In fact, I've stayed at the Encore twice...it's very good - very … In fact, I've stayed at the Encore twice...it's very good - very contemporary, bery clean, very nice, and very reasonably priced. The breakfast buffet ain't half bad. Check the special offers part of their webpage and see if you can get any B&B offers. The one thing I'd say is to ask for a room on the car-park side of the hotel - the other side is near-ish to the main road and whilst not massively noisy, the car-park side will be wonderfully quiet.The NEC train station is only about 5 mins walk from the Encore, although some of the exhibition halls are a bit of a hike. If you don't wanna walk it, take advantage of the Encore's free parking and get yourself a cab instead.Ooh - little bit of extra info for you - there's a pub only about 2 mins drive fro the Encore...can't remember the name of it for sure - it's something like the Little Owl...although it's part of a chain, they do very good food...

It is the little owl, gets extremely busy when shows are on at the nec but is quite a nice place to eat and is within walking distance from the encore.

Original Poster Banned

smithyp1;7925423

It is the little owl, gets extremely busy when shows are on at the nec … It is the little owl, gets extremely busy when shows are on at the nec but is quite a nice place to eat and is within walking distance from the encore.

It looks like it is going to be the encore.

Original Poster Banned

I wonder if I could use Tesco clubcard rewards at encore.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Bmw, Mercedes or Range Rover11
      2. Hard drive 'died'(?), what can I do? (for computer wizards please!)48
      3. Looking for help/advice finding a weeks holiday in September please??22
      4. Laptop (not for gaming )11

See more discussions