Groups

Hotpoint appliances (is this true)

If you buy any Hotpoint appliances and it out of warranty you cant get it repaired if there is a fault unless you use Hotpoint service and repairs. This will cost you £60 Call out charge then parts and labour on top. The reason for this is all Hotpoint appliances have a security device fitted so no other service or repair co. can fix or service them.
    Can anyone confirm this or is it just speculation.

12 Comments

Who told you this, Hotpoint or the tooth fairy???? what sort of device, its just not possible. Look online as there are several sites that offer repair advice on all models including Hotpoint.

Banned

Total twaddle.

Anyone can repair them. I would imagine it would be illegal to do as you have described.

..a hotpoint sales person told you this? lol

Complete tosh....many washing machine engineers make their living by repairing Hotpoint rubbish . . day in ....day out.

i lol'd. My hotpoint though is covered 2 year warranty parts and labour and 5 year parts warranty. so youve probably been told something of a truth where you may be better to have hotpoint fix it as your parts will be covered you just pay for the labour.

I've just bought a Hotpoint oven and hob, I hope this isn't true. :x

The bearings went on my hotpoint washing machine after 4 years and they replaced the drum element and bearings for the call out fee of 90 pounds. Absolute bargain:thumbsup:

russ333;3894258

The bearings went on my hotpoint washing machine after 4 years and they … The bearings went on my hotpoint washing machine after 4 years and they replaced the drum element and bearings for the call out fee of 90 pounds. Absolute bargain:thumbsup:

it is. Its all down to the 5year warranty on parts. you can bet their call out fee is waaay cheaper than the combined cost of parts and labour of any local repair place.

Original Poster

guv;3893947

Total twaddle.Anyone can repair them. I would imagine it would be illegal … Total twaddle.Anyone can repair them. I would imagine it would be illegal to do as you have described.

This is what my other half was told from her friend when her fridge freezer broke. She rang an engineer out of the paper and he told her this. sounds like he couldn't be bothered, are there any engineers out there who can put this to rest :thumbsup:

Why would anybody even consider Hotpoint? They're consistently at the bottom of the Which? reliability tables - check a copy at your local library.

plostaff;3894347

This is what my other half was told from her friend when her fridge … This is what my other half was told from her friend when her fridge freezer broke. She rang an engineer out of the paper and he told her this. sounds like he couldn't be bothered, are there any engineers out there who can put this to rest :thumbsup:

I've been a Hotpoint serviceman for the last 70 years. There is no truth in this whatsoever. :whistling:

Hotpoint engineers do use a diagnostics machine to check the problems which your local repair men might not have but I can assure you that every part is usually fairly easy to replace.

I've fixed several Hotpoint machines myself and in truth their probably some of the easiest machines to fix, They are very problematic though and would never buy another hotpoint product again.

They quoted me £100 to come and check a fault I had, It was only a pump that had gone so I told them to screw and did it myself.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …83141
      2. Who's getting the Xbox X Scorpio? 60 day satisfaction1111
      3. Oh deer.. looks like they are back sooner this year.2748
      4. Aloha! Flamedeer Vacation is LIVE (until August 28th at 5pm)2125

See more discussions