HOTPOINT COOKER

Posted 6th Nov
Hi i bought a cooker from Appliances Direct in July a Hotpoint HUE61PS
Hardly used it all summer due to holidays etc but when we started to use main fan oven we noticed that the fan switches off when it gets to temp, so in effect if you set your oven to 180c it will switch off at that temp untill it goes down 10-15 degrees before it comes on again 3-4 mins later, your food is never gonna cook at 180c .
Three Hotpoint engs have been and all reported back that there is nothing wrong with it. Even though they agree that it is not right
So beware when buying a Hotpoint Cooker
Community Updates
Misc

Groups

9 Comments
Sounds like the fan is getting power sent to it from the wrong side of the thermostat, aka the switched side, it needs to be connected to the perminent live side, can't believe 3 engineers couldn't work that one out!
Well if its heating up it's not your element I just had to swap mine last week £22 easy fix.
Yours sounds a weird one, as about something to do with the thermometer perhaps?
"Three Hotpoint engs have been and all reported back that there is nothing wrong with it. Even though they agree that it is not right".

So they agree the oven isn't working properly but reporting back there's nothing wrong with it.

You need to push AD for a replacement or refund if it's not cooking food at the right temps.
Edited by: "Sherbat" 6th Nov
esar06/11/2019 17:43

Sounds like the fan is getting power sent to it from the wrong side of the …Sounds like the fan is getting power sent to it from the wrong side of the thermostat, aka the switched side, it needs to be connected to the perminent live side, can't believe 3 engineers couldn't work that one out!

The fan is (usually) used for even heat distribution so should simply run all the time, possibly with a delay-hild timer to assist with post-cook cooling.
Interesting... I've had a Candy oven for a few months which behaves the same way. I can't say that it's caused any issues though, in fact it cooks better than one it replaced.
Could it be the cooling fan for the controls that your hearing, and not the ovens fan?
esar07/11/2019 00:33

Could it be the cooling fan for the controls that your hearing, and not …Could it be the cooling fan for the controls that your hearing, and not the ovens fan?

Nope it doesn't cook things properly, flat Yorkshire puds, cakes, bread , because the heat and fan switch off at tenp there is a drop of temp for about 4 mins until it kicks in again and no heat circulation
GAZEMB07/11/2019 05:15

Nope it doesn't cook things properly, flat Yorkshire puds, cakes, bread , …Nope it doesn't cook things properly, flat Yorkshire puds, cakes, bread , because the heat and fan switch off at tenp there is a drop of temp for about 4 mins until it kicks in again and no heat circulation

So have they offered to replace the oven, as clearly not fit for purpose?
UPDATE
Appliances direct arranged for another visit from hotpoint which was this morning ,it was the same guy who came first time in sept .
He said "is this still not sorted , and its a waste of time me looking at the cooker because i know what your problem is "
I mention how some foods had to be cooked longer and explained about the temp drop once the fan had stopped and he agreed that it was not right but it was how Hotpoint had designed it and there was nothing he could physically do but he promised he would contact his manager and push for it to be sent back via Appliances Direct.
When i contacted Hotpoint later this afternoon for an update they said that i had four visits and everytime the cooker was not found to be at fault so there was nothing they could do and i had to go back to the retailer Appliances Direct
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants