hotpoint FF175BP fridge freezer caused the grenfell flat fires check your model number

Found 23rd Jun 2017
It has been confirmed the hotpoint FF175BP fridge freezer caused the grenfell fire although it is not a recalled model I would not want it in my home. Check yours

"Consumers who believe they may have a Hotpoint fridge freezer model number FF175BP or FF175BG call hotline on 0800 316 3826"

https://www.hotpointservice.co.uk/sites/default/files/styles/panopoly_image_original/public/img_lib_10/Img%20lib%2010/find-my-model-number-yellow_fridge-freezer.png
Community Updates
Top comments
eslick

here say?

Pure and simple.

So it wasn't Theresa May that caused the fire then!
56 Comments
The regular power surges that were happening in Grenfell Tower are what caused the fridge freezer to explode though
prynolfc

The regular power surges that were happening in Grenfell Tower are what … The regular power surges that were happening in Grenfell Tower are what caused the fridge freezer to explode though

​... If I had that model though I'd get rid straight away ...
prynolfc

The regular power surges that were happening in Grenfell Tower are what … The regular power surges that were happening in Grenfell Tower are what caused the fridge freezer to explode though

here say?

info on whats been reported so far.
bbc.co.uk/new…584
Hot point, have been known to provide crap stuff blowing up for years. They should have been more stringent in assessments knowing the previous issues. Then the insulation provided by parent company Saint Gobain was more flammable than the cladding causing the fire to spread. The QC departments in both have failed, and they should be held accountablr along with local counvils for not ensuring safety of hundreds of people.
eslick

here say?

Pure and simple.

fivegoldstars

Pure and simple.

X)

http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii85/hmfleming/C18A7895-5B7E-425F-AA20-6C035A27B518_zps4ltyq2wo.png
I have a Hotpoint FF200~LBP

a bit close for my liking..

I wonder how many of us have bought cheap electrical goods advertised on this site that wouldn't meet EU safety standards???
Who still buys Hotpoint/Indesit anyway?.
gazdoubleu

I wonder how many of us have bought cheap electrical goods advertised on … I wonder how many of us have bought cheap electrical goods advertised on this site that wouldn't meet EU safety standards???

Plenty, especially if you go with the offers from DX, Banggood etc
shauneco

A Hotpoint appliance is sold every 19 seconds in the UK...
Edited by: "fivegoldstars" 23rd Jun 2017
fivegoldstars

A Hotpoint appliance is sold every 19 seconds in the UK...:|

That is concerning.
shauneco

That is concerning.

Your stupid posts are concerning

Ha!
Edited by: "horsepills" 23rd Jun 2017
horsepills

Your stupid posts are concerningHa!

Have you taken your medication?.
I'm confused here. So are police saying the fridge was faulty?

According to this models produced between 2006 and 2009, so potentially talking about a fridge over 10 years old.

hotpointservice.co.uk/fri…zer

Also plenty of reports suggesting Grenfell suffering power surges late at night all the way back to 2012 that caused electrical appliances to blow up for residents.
jax619

Easier to blame a fridge that slept 9 illegals than the building and its … Easier to blame a fridge that slept 9 illegals than the building and its owners.

So true.

Wonder if we'll ever find out if the flat was owned by a private landlord and whether they supplied the white goods?
damn Tories!
G0rdonGekko

So true.Wonder if we'll ever find out if the flat was owned by a private … So true.Wonder if we'll ever find out if the flat was owned by a private landlord and whether they supplied the white goods?

​yeah landlord bought the fridge on the basis it was made by a reputable brand...how awful, let's march
davewave

yeah landlord bought the fridge on the basis it was made by a reputable … yeah landlord bought the fridge on the basis it was made by a reputable brand...how awful, let's march

The landlord is unlikely to replace a working fridge however old it is.

Anyways, pointless going down this route until facts on this are ever revealed.
takethatfan1978

X)

Accidentally liked
G0rdonGekko

I'm confused here. So are police saying the fridge was faulty?According … I'm confused here. So are police saying the fridge was faulty?According to this models produced between 2006 and 2009, so potentially talking about a fridge over 10 years old.https://www.hotpointservice.co.uk/fridgefreezerAlso plenty of reports suggesting Grenfell suffering power surges late at night all the way back to 2012 that caused electrical appliances to blow up for residents.

​Police have not yet said that the model, or even that this particular fridge was faulty. Too early for that. Anyone who looks to swap this fridge out would be doing it as a precaution.

Anecdotes or stories that we think we remember reading do not constitute evidence of a danger. Our general ability to perceive risk is notoriously terrible.
shauneco

Have you taken your medication?.

Horse Pills probably.
Lets wait for full facts, as far as i know the occupants of the flat the fire started in escaped, so the point still remains Grenfell was caused by cladding.

Unless close examination shows otherwise it wouldn't have happened without the cladding, so someone would have had a fire and got out and it wouldn't have been big news if the cladding hadn't gone up like a bonfire.
I thought that fire started on the 4th floor? These were the new flats that were added in 2015?
They were run by KCTMO. I'm guessing they were tenanted out without white goods so the tenant probably bought/acquired it.

If only they had made the effort to put the fire out rather than leaving it. It might have been a different story.
Error440

Lets wait for full facts, as far as i know the occupants of the flat the … Lets wait for full facts, as far as i know the occupants of the flat the fire started in escaped, so the point still remains Grenfell was caused by cladding. Unless close examination shows otherwise it wouldn't have happened without the cladding, so someone would have had a fire and got out and it wouldn't have been big news if the cladding hadn't gone up like a bonfire.

​sounds plausible. Fire officers checked the insulation and will now recheck it...how reassuring!
GAVINLEWISHUKD

I thought that fire started on the 4th floor? These were the new flats … I thought that fire started on the 4th floor? These were the new flats that were added in 2015?They were run by KCTMO. I'm guessing they were tenanted out without white goods so the tenant probably bought/acquired it.If only they had made the effort to put the fire out rather than leaving it. It might have been a different story.

Maybe but didn't the LFB actually extinguish the fire in the flat itself ?
fivegoldstars

Pure and simple.

You know it's true.
davewave

sounds plausible. Fire officers checked the insulation and will now … sounds plausible. Fire officers checked the insulation and will now recheck it...how reassuring!

What do you mean? If you mean when the building was signed off as safe after the refit, private companies can do that its not the fire officers, it can be but it doesn't have to be anymore they opened that market up
haworthia

Maybe but didn't the LFB actually extinguish the fire in the flat itself ?

Thats what i heard they were packing up when people spotted flames on the outside of the building spreading upwards and outwards.
Error440

Lets wait for full facts, as far as i know the occupants of the flat the … Lets wait for full facts, as far as i know the occupants of the flat the fire started in escaped, so the point still remains Grenfell was caused by cladding. Unless close examination shows otherwise it wouldn't have happened without the cladding, so someone would have had a fire and got out and it wouldn't have been big news if the cladding hadn't gone up like a bonfire.

GAVINLEWISHUKD

I thought that fire started on the 4th floor? These were the new flats … I thought that fire started on the 4th floor? These were the new flats that were added in 2015?They were run by KCTMO. I'm guessing they were tenanted out without white goods so the tenant probably bought/acquired it.If only they had made the effort to put the fire out rather than leaving it. It might have been a different story.

the original fire was started by the fridge, it was reported last week that the fire fighters in an interview with them that they had put the fire out in the property when it was noticed the side of the building was a light, they were actually packing up at the time. They never expected the fire to go up the side of the building as the regs say it should have been contained in the actual flat. So the cause is the fridge but the rest of it, down to the cladding. Poor guy who lived in the first flat must feel awful, probably never get over it even though he got out and got his neighbour out.
Edited by: "eslick" 23rd Jun 2017
Error440

Like YOU said, lets wait for the full facts....
gazdoubleu

I wonder how many of us have bought cheap electrical goods advertised on … I wonder how many of us have bought cheap electrical goods advertised on this site that wouldn't meet EU safety standards???

I don't know, it depends on how many idiots are out there who will voluntarily put their lives in danger to save a few quid? If it helps, I'd never buy a plug-in device without CE markings unless it was by deceit (i.e. the seller lies) so that's -1
davewave

yeah landlord bought the fridge on the basis it was made by a reputable … yeah landlord bought the fridge on the basis it was made by a reputable brand...how awful, let's march

You 1st, I'll catch up in a bit
frakison

I don't know, it depends on how many idiots are out there who will … I don't know, it depends on how many idiots are out there who will voluntarily put their lives in danger to save a few quid? If it helps, I'd never buy a plug-in device without CE markings unless it was by deceit (i.e. the seller lies) so that's -1

Beko and Hotpoint appliances have been found to be dangerous. Even with a CE mark.

Volkswagen/Audi diesels fixed the emissions results!

CE is something but it certainly isn't good enough!
Whether it caused this fire or not, it was always going to be a stupid idea, and an accident waiting to happen when they started replacing Freon with R290 Butane / Propane in domestic appliances, and it is not the first time it has caused an explosion in a fridge

dailymail.co.uk/new…tml

But that is exactly what happens when you let Tree Huggers design things instead of engineers. But you get what you settle for.

Once you get enough Electric Cars in use on the roads, expect more fires and explosions to happen in car accidents too, when the Lithium Batteries become compromised - ask Richard Hammand.

But hey! its green so thats all ok then!.

Edited by: "bargainhunter73" 23rd Jun 2017
traceyr1977

It was a combination, Your text here
RF175MG here
Error440

Accidentally liked

Freudian click?
shauneco2 h, 38 m ago

My dear Shaun, I was one of those fools.
My previous Hotpoint fridge freezer lasted me 10 years and it was all because it was made in Great Britain. Unfortunately, after 10 years, it started overfreezing my food. I ended up buying a new Hotpoint as a result. Little did I know that Hotpoint had been bought by Indesit and that the fridge freezers sold here were no longer made at home. My new hotpoint is made in Turkey The other option was Poland.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants