Expired

Hotpoint hob - one knob control not sparking

Found 9th Apr 2014
Hi, I have the Hotpoint G640SX Built In Gas Hob about 5 years old, one of the 4 knobs for the back right ring does not spark when I press it so I have to press another knob to get it to spark to make the back ring ignite the gas. The other 3 knobs all make the 4 rings spark so its not the spark thats the problem, the knob looks ok and I have tried swapping them over to no avail. Any ideas anyone? thanks.
Community Updates
AskControllerHobHotpoint
5 Comments
Doubt this is of any use but I had the same with mine - though not a hotpoint one. Not sure of the names of the parts but there's the black ceramic bit on the top then a grey round bit underneath. In my case that grey bit wasn't quite positioned correctly (I'd removed it to clean the hob.) After repositioning it it started working again.
Thanks for answer but its when you press the control knob down it does not make the ignition sound - its not the ring where the gas lights, the ring is fine and it lights when I press any of the other 3 knobs down.
Cassie1312

Thanks for answer but its when you press the control knob down it does … Thanks for answer but its when you press the control knob down it does not make the ignition sound - its not the ring where the gas lights, the ring is fine and it lights when I press any of the other 3 knobs down.

Ah I see. Um yes you did say that in your op, sorry!!

Hope you get it sorted.
It will be a problem with the micro switch that sits under the control knob, not an expensive part but expensive to have fitted. Its either failed mechanically or has water ingress. You could try to spray some wd40 into the switch and see if this helps.
Edited by: "Argoj" 10th Apr 2014
Hi Argoj, I tried your advice thanks and sadly it did not work, I have now purchased an exact model of mine second hand from ebay for a bargain price of £1.22! just have to get it fitted now.
Edited by: "Cassie1312" 12th Apr 2014
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants