Groups

Hotpoint ultima WF-865..

I have a Hotpoint Ultima WF-865 but it has developed a problem. halfway through the cycle,the machine stops spinning and you can start hearing a rotating sound. The sound then continues upto the last minute of the wash which then means you have to cancel the wash.
    could you please tell me what i can do to sort out this problem or where i can get help?
    your help will be very much appreciated.
    Thanks

7 Comments

whatsThePoint

you could try ringing somewhere that repairs them

Madness!!!

Hotpoint are nothing but problematic, If it's still in warranty then give Hotpoint a ring and pray, Otherwise I'd suggest the dump.

Get a Bosch, Meile or another German machine much better.

probably the bearings. but usually noisy at the same time. cheaper nowadays to get rid and buy new.i would buy hoover/candy, more reliable than german stuff from what i've seen. Bosch are not very reliable on their white goods.

tdogg

probably the bearings. but usually noisy at the same time. cheaper … probably the bearings. but usually noisy at the same time. cheaper nowadays to get rid and buy new.i would buy hoover/candy, more reliable than german stuff from what i've seen. Bosch are not very reliable on their white goods.

LMAO..!! Are you serious? Hoover/Candy are also dreadful, I suggest you do some research.

Original Poster

thanks for your help.

shauneco

LMAO..!! Are you serious? Hoover/Candy are also dreadful, I suggest you … LMAO..!! Are you serious? Hoover/Candy are also dreadful, I suggest you do some research.

Spoke to many a washing machine repair man, and they all say the same. hoover/candy are cheaper than the German brands but quality of cleaning and drying is a lot better. I would rather find out from people who repair machines than what i read on the web!

not to just one repair man,I know a few over the years. Also a good way to see what brands are not great is go to *bay and type 'washing machine spares repair'. all the hoover ones are over 10 years old. usually a few bosch and hotpoint ones there that are fairly new. you can do this with loads of products, find it to be a good indicator. another one i found was hotpoint freezers coming up with a lot of similar faults.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. SNES Classic launches 29th September 2017 - Check for stock and pre-order i…4661378
      2. Veteran TV host Sir Bruce Forsyth dies at 892225
      3. How dangerous is Donald trump?27123
      4. Ebid over Ebay66

See more discussions