Expired

Hotpoint Washer Dryer WDL540 making noise

Found 11th Dec 2013
It's making load noises while washing and drying. Does anyone know what I should do please?
Community Updates
12 Comments
Quickly take out a years worth of service cover on the phone with hotpoint UK.
Thats what i'm going to do now that you've given me the willys.
The annual cover is less than getting an engineer out, and at leaast it will be a hotpoint trained engineer, used to their own little quirks.
It will probably save you money in the. Noise, could be a motor, drum issue, either way it is likley to get worse.
Couldnt be a button or something else loose that got caught behind the drum could it ?
Quite often, it can work out cheaper to get a new machine....
But am sure there are more qualified bods on her to give you a proper steer.. Good Luck
If your machine is covered with a breakdown warranty, give them a ring sooner rather than later - i've ruined 2 different machines in 5yrs by ignoring the loud noises!! oO
check the filter coins sometimes get in there and make a real racket
sponduli

check the filter coins sometimes get in there and make a real racket

Not really sure where the filter is. I've spoted this black dial, in the manual it says turn anticlockwise, but its not budging.
Chumba_Wumba

Quickly take out a years worth of service cover on the phone with … Quickly take out a years worth of service cover on the phone with hotpoint UK.Thats what i'm going to do now that you've given me the willys.The annual cover is less than getting an engineer out, and at leaast it will be a hotpoint trained engineer, used to their own little quirks.It will probably save you money in the. Noise, could be a motor, drum issue, either way it is likley to get worse.Couldnt be a button or something else loose that got caught behind the drum could it ?Quite often, it can work out cheaper to get a new machine....But am sure there are more qualified bods on her to give you a proper steer.. Good Luck

I had it for 3 years so I'm sure if it can still be covered.
give them a call tomorrow, nothing ventured nothing gained.......just tell them that you were thinking about covering it but never got round to it (thats actually the truth in my case...probably for all of us...we just never get to it). Hopefully you can find the papers that came with it... GIve it a try, dont mention you have a problem, as your premium will be paying for that in any case. See how you go.
the filter is under a square flap at the front bottom flip it open twidle the knob it comes out for cleaning

" It's making load noises while washing and drying "

They all do that.(_;)
Sounds like the bearing has worn on the back of the drum.
I replaced mine with a few parts £15.But never lasted long ended up buying a new one.
i had this with my hotpoint washer dryer (don't know what model) and it turned out to be a shattered concrete weight in mine which in turn chewed the drum up . Thankfully i had some extra cover so didn't cost me a penny and has been fine ever since (5 years)
I have a hotpoint. It made a loud noise when spinning. Like a plane taking go in my kitchen. My neighbours even complained. It was the concrete weights had shattered. If you leave it, it the. Does your bearing then your drum in. I have had 2 new drums and goodness knows how many weights put in and tightened in the last 3 yrs. ( they come every 2 to 3 months). Extended warranty is saveing me a fortune. I done mine when it went wrong after 13 months.
might just need a service for bushes and bearing you can do your self , check out espares.co.uk they have instructable videos and they are pretty good on replacement parts
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants